|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing to drive innovation within its data management technology portfolio, Oracle today announced the release of Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0, a highly scalable, low latency, key-value database for real-time big data workloads.
- Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 adds efficient support for storage and retrieval of large objects such as documents and images, as well as dynamic elasticity and automatic rebalancing for allocating storage and compute resources in response to changing production data processing requirements.
- With tighter integration with both Oracle Database and Hadoop environments, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is designed to fit seamlessly into an enterprise IT stack.
- Oracle offers enterprise-class support for Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0, giving organizations the confidence and limited risk they need to deploy Oracle NoSQL Database into their business-critical production environments.
- Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is available for download off Oracle Technology Network today.
Powerful and Flexible Transaction Model For Demanding High Velocity Transactional Applications
- A key component of Oracle's Big Data Platform, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is an enterprise grade, key-value database with flexible transaction models. It enables customers to easily manage high velocity transactional data generated by web-based applications, social media, sensors, smart meters and communications services.
- It is built using the proven Oracle Berkeley DB as the underlying storage engine. Oracle customers have built many mission-critical applications on Berkeley DB, serving millions of users.
- New and enhanced features in Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 include:
- Better Performance: enterprise-class elasticity with near linear scalability and under five millisecond latency enables users to dynamically grow a cluster as their data grows with no interruption in service. In recent performance tests, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 delivered more than a million YCSB operations per second on a 2.4 terabyte database on an 18-node commodity cluster setup. (1)
- Automatic Rebalancing: dynamic management of compute and storage resources to maintain SLAs in response to increased demand and changing processing requirements;
- Enhanced Manageability: a simple, easy to use web console to manage all aspects of deployment and monitoring, as well as document management and structured data management in one product;
- New APIs: a new C API helps improve developer productivity, a new Large Object API supports efficient Large Object management, and new automatic serialization APIs simplify application development;
- Tighter Integration with Oracle Database: Oracle Database users can view and query Oracle NoSQL Database records directly from SQL via External Tables, making NoSQL data immediately accessible and available for integrated analysis;
- Improved Management & Monitoring Support: SNMP/JMX support enables integration with Oracle and third party management tools;
- Improved Hadoop Integration: tighter integration with Hadoop through JSON object and schema evolution support for data storage and serialization using Avro.
- "Oracle continues to drive innovation with its unmatched technology portfolio, encompassing all aspects of data management. Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 provides developers with that 'last mile' infrastructure to enable crucial real time interaction between an organization's applications and its customers," said Vaishnavi Sashikanth, vice president of development, Oracle. "It provides a key mechanism for enterprises to maximize the value of big data."
- "One of our customers needed an innovative new online gaming platform so we turned to Oracle NoSQL Database to deliver it for us," said James Anthony, Technology Director, e-DBA. "The high availability, rapid scaling and enterprise support were critical for e-DBA and we reduced planned implementation times by 75 percent, deploying sooner than expected. As a Specialized Oracle Platinum Partner, we are looking to further grow our expertise with Oracle NoSQL Database and help other customers take advantage of business opportunities with big data."
- "At Cox Communications we know first-hand the importance of running your business-critical big data applications on rock solid NoSQL technology to meet stringent response times and availability constraints," said Scott Seigler, vice president of engineering at Cox Digital Solutions. "We are excited about release 2.0 of Oracle's NoSQL solution with important features such as automatic resource balancing, elasticity and large object management functionality."
- About Oracle Big Data
- About Oracle NoSQL Database
- Oracle NoSQL Database Data Sheet
- Oracle NoSQL Database White Paper
- Follow Oracle NoSQL Database on Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Download a free evaluation version of Oracle NoSQL Database. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
(1) Performance result tested on the following system configuration: Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 running on Oracle Enterprise Linux and 18 Dual socket Intel Xeon E5-2630L Servers, 2.0 GHz, 6 cores, hyper-threaded for 24 total threads, each processor using two 355GB SSDs.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jun. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,043
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 325
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Jun. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,282
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,528
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 688
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 24, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 561
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 921
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 846
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,142
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,091
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 561
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,186
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,091
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 760
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,396
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,169
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 24, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 941
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jun. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,142
industrial company for a multi-year contract initially valued at over $4.0 million. In addition to DataV software, Bsquare will also provide comprehensive systems integration, support and maintenance services. DataV leverages advanced data analytics, predictive reasoning, data-driven diagnostics, and automated orchestration of remediation actions in order to improve asset uptime while reducing service and warranty costs.
Jun. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,328
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Jun. 19, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,218