|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing to drive innovation within its data management technology portfolio, Oracle today announced the release of Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0, a highly scalable, low latency, key-value database for real-time big data workloads.
- Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 adds efficient support for storage and retrieval of large objects such as documents and images, as well as dynamic elasticity and automatic rebalancing for allocating storage and compute resources in response to changing production data processing requirements.
- With tighter integration with both Oracle Database and Hadoop environments, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is designed to fit seamlessly into an enterprise IT stack.
- Oracle offers enterprise-class support for Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0, giving organizations the confidence and limited risk they need to deploy Oracle NoSQL Database into their business-critical production environments.
- Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is available for download off Oracle Technology Network today.
Powerful and Flexible Transaction Model For Demanding High Velocity Transactional Applications
- A key component of Oracle's Big Data Platform, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is an enterprise grade, key-value database with flexible transaction models. It enables customers to easily manage high velocity transactional data generated by web-based applications, social media, sensors, smart meters and communications services.
- It is built using the proven Oracle Berkeley DB as the underlying storage engine. Oracle customers have built many mission-critical applications on Berkeley DB, serving millions of users.
- New and enhanced features in Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 include:
- Better Performance: enterprise-class elasticity with near linear scalability and under five millisecond latency enables users to dynamically grow a cluster as their data grows with no interruption in service. In recent performance tests, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 delivered more than a million YCSB operations per second on a 2.4 terabyte database on an 18-node commodity cluster setup. (1)
- Automatic Rebalancing: dynamic management of compute and storage resources to maintain SLAs in response to increased demand and changing processing requirements;
- Enhanced Manageability: a simple, easy to use web console to manage all aspects of deployment and monitoring, as well as document management and structured data management in one product;
- New APIs: a new C API helps improve developer productivity, a new Large Object API supports efficient Large Object management, and new automatic serialization APIs simplify application development;
- Tighter Integration with Oracle Database: Oracle Database users can view and query Oracle NoSQL Database records directly from SQL via External Tables, making NoSQL data immediately accessible and available for integrated analysis;
- Improved Management & Monitoring Support: SNMP/JMX support enables integration with Oracle and third party management tools;
- Improved Hadoop Integration: tighter integration with Hadoop through JSON object and schema evolution support for data storage and serialization using Avro.
- "Oracle continues to drive innovation with its unmatched technology portfolio, encompassing all aspects of data management. Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 provides developers with that 'last mile' infrastructure to enable crucial real time interaction between an organization's applications and its customers," said Vaishnavi Sashikanth, vice president of development, Oracle. "It provides a key mechanism for enterprises to maximize the value of big data."
- "One of our customers needed an innovative new online gaming platform so we turned to Oracle NoSQL Database to deliver it for us," said James Anthony, Technology Director, e-DBA. "The high availability, rapid scaling and enterprise support were critical for e-DBA and we reduced planned implementation times by 75 percent, deploying sooner than expected. As a Specialized Oracle Platinum Partner, we are looking to further grow our expertise with Oracle NoSQL Database and help other customers take advantage of business opportunities with big data."
- "At Cox Communications we know first-hand the importance of running your business-critical big data applications on rock solid NoSQL technology to meet stringent response times and availability constraints," said Scott Seigler, vice president of engineering at Cox Digital Solutions. "We are excited about release 2.0 of Oracle's NoSQL solution with important features such as automatic resource balancing, elasticity and large object management functionality."
- About Oracle Big Data
- About Oracle NoSQL Database
- Oracle NoSQL Database Data Sheet
- Oracle NoSQL Database White Paper
- Follow Oracle NoSQL Database on Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Download a free evaluation version of Oracle NoSQL Database. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
(1) Performance result tested on the following system configuration: Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 running on Oracle Enterprise Linux and 18 Dual socket Intel Xeon E5-2630L Servers, 2.0 GHz, 6 cores, hyper-threaded for 24 total threads, each processor using two 355GB SSDs.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Apr. 1, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,626
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Apr. 1, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 624
SYS-CON Events announced today that Litmus Automation will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Litmus Automation’s vision is to provide a solution for companies that are in a rush to embrace the disruptive Internet of Things technology and leverage it for real business challenges. Litmus Automation simplifies the complexity of connected devices applications with Loop, a secure and scalable cloud platform.
Apr. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 802
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of Cloud and Mobile Strategy at GENBAND, will explore what is needed to take a real time communications ...
Apr. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 711
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, will provide some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacenter.
Apr. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 642
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dr...
Apr. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,108
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, will discuss how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust I...
Apr. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 859
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
Apr. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,609
After making a doctor’s appointment via your mobile device, you receive a calendar invite. The day of your appointment, you get a reminder with the doctor’s location and contact information. As you enter the doctor’s exam room, the medical team is equipped with the latest tablet containing your medical history – he or she makes real time updates to your medical file. At the end of your visit, you receive an electronic prescription to your preferred pharmacy and can schedule your next appointment.
Apr. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,057
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting wearables as fashion accessories and moving away from the original clunky technology associated with t...
Apr. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,640
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark and Intel Edison. You will also get an overview of cloud technologies s...
Apr. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,279
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch of Docker's initial release in March of 2013, interest was revved up several notches. Then late last...
Apr. 1, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,325
The WebRTC Summit 2015 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
Apr. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,758
SOA Software has changed its name to Akana. With roots in Web Services and SOA Governance, Akana has established itself as a leader in API Management and is expanding into cloud integration as an alternative to the traditional heavyweight enterprise service bus (ESB). The company recently announced that it achieved more than 90% year-over-year growth. As Akana, the company now addresses the evolution and diversification of SOA, unifying security, management, and DevOps across SOA, APIs, microservices, and more.
Apr. 1, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,131
The list of ‘new paradigm’ technologies that now surrounds us appears to be at an all time high. From cloud computing and Big Data analytics to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT), today we have to deal with what the industry likes to call ‘paradigm shifts’ at every level of IT. This is disruption; of course, we understand that – change is almost always disruptive.
Mar. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,212
SYS-CON Events announced today that SafeLogic has been named “Bag Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SafeLogic provides security products for applications in mobile and server/appliance environments. SafeLogic’s flagship product CryptoComply is a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic engine designed to secure data on servers, workstations, appliances, mobile devices, and in the Cloud.
Mar. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,580
GENBAND has announced that SageNet is leveraging the Nuvia platform to deliver Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) to its large base of retail and enterprise customers. Nuvia’s cloud-based solution provides SageNet’s customers with a full suite of business communications and collaboration tools. Two large national SageNet retail customers have recently signed up to deploy the Nuvia platform and the company will continue to sell the service to new and existing customers. Nuvia’s capabilities include HD voice, video, multimedia messaging, mobility, conferencing, Web collaboration, deskt...
Mar. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,547
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Mar. 29, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,895
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cisco makes amazing things happen by connecting the unconnected. Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by becoming the worldwide leader in transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco and our partners are building the platform for the Internet of Everything by connecting the...
Mar. 29, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,319
Temasys has announced senior management additions to its team. Joining are David Holloway as Vice President of Commercial and Nadine Yap as Vice President of Product. Over the past 12 months Temasys has doubled in size as it adds new customers and expands the development of its Skylink platform. Skylink leads the charge to move WebRTC, traditionally seen as a desktop, browser based technology, to become a ubiquitous web communications technology on web and mobile, as well as Internet of Things compatible devices.
Mar. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,909