|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing to drive innovation within its data management technology portfolio, Oracle today announced the release of Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0, a highly scalable, low latency, key-value database for real-time big data workloads.
- Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 adds efficient support for storage and retrieval of large objects such as documents and images, as well as dynamic elasticity and automatic rebalancing for allocating storage and compute resources in response to changing production data processing requirements.
- With tighter integration with both Oracle Database and Hadoop environments, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is designed to fit seamlessly into an enterprise IT stack.
- Oracle offers enterprise-class support for Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0, giving organizations the confidence and limited risk they need to deploy Oracle NoSQL Database into their business-critical production environments.
- Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is available for download off Oracle Technology Network today.
Powerful and Flexible Transaction Model For Demanding High Velocity Transactional Applications
- A key component of Oracle's Big Data Platform, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 is an enterprise grade, key-value database with flexible transaction models. It enables customers to easily manage high velocity transactional data generated by web-based applications, social media, sensors, smart meters and communications services.
- It is built using the proven Oracle Berkeley DB as the underlying storage engine. Oracle customers have built many mission-critical applications on Berkeley DB, serving millions of users.
- New and enhanced features in Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 include:
- Better Performance: enterprise-class elasticity with near linear scalability and under five millisecond latency enables users to dynamically grow a cluster as their data grows with no interruption in service. In recent performance tests, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 delivered more than a million YCSB operations per second on a 2.4 terabyte database on an 18-node commodity cluster setup. (1)
- Automatic Rebalancing: dynamic management of compute and storage resources to maintain SLAs in response to increased demand and changing processing requirements;
- Enhanced Manageability: a simple, easy to use web console to manage all aspects of deployment and monitoring, as well as document management and structured data management in one product;
- New APIs: a new C API helps improve developer productivity, a new Large Object API supports efficient Large Object management, and new automatic serialization APIs simplify application development;
- Tighter Integration with Oracle Database: Oracle Database users can view and query Oracle NoSQL Database records directly from SQL via External Tables, making NoSQL data immediately accessible and available for integrated analysis;
- Improved Management & Monitoring Support: SNMP/JMX support enables integration with Oracle and third party management tools;
- Improved Hadoop Integration: tighter integration with Hadoop through JSON object and schema evolution support for data storage and serialization using Avro.
- "Oracle continues to drive innovation with its unmatched technology portfolio, encompassing all aspects of data management. Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 provides developers with that 'last mile' infrastructure to enable crucial real time interaction between an organization's applications and its customers," said Vaishnavi Sashikanth, vice president of development, Oracle. "It provides a key mechanism for enterprises to maximize the value of big data."
- "One of our customers needed an innovative new online gaming platform so we turned to Oracle NoSQL Database to deliver it for us," said James Anthony, Technology Director, e-DBA. "The high availability, rapid scaling and enterprise support were critical for e-DBA and we reduced planned implementation times by 75 percent, deploying sooner than expected. As a Specialized Oracle Platinum Partner, we are looking to further grow our expertise with Oracle NoSQL Database and help other customers take advantage of business opportunities with big data."
- "At Cox Communications we know first-hand the importance of running your business-critical big data applications on rock solid NoSQL technology to meet stringent response times and availability constraints," said Scott Seigler, vice president of engineering at Cox Digital Solutions. "We are excited about release 2.0 of Oracle's NoSQL solution with important features such as automatic resource balancing, elasticity and large object management functionality."
- About Oracle Big Data
- About Oracle NoSQL Database
- Oracle NoSQL Database Data Sheet
- Oracle NoSQL Database White Paper
- Follow Oracle NoSQL Database on Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Download a free evaluation version of Oracle NoSQL Database. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
(1) Performance result tested on the following system configuration: Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 running on Oracle Enterprise Linux and 18 Dual socket Intel Xeon E5-2630L Servers, 2.0 GHz, 6 cores, hyper-threaded for 24 total threads, each processor using two 355GB SSDs.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Predicted by Gartner to add $1.9 trillion to the global economy by 2020, the Internet of Everything (IoE) is based on the idea that devices, systems and services will connect in simple, transparent ways, enabling seamless interactions among devices across brands and sectors. As this vision unfolds, it is clear that no single company can accomplish the level of interoperability required to support the horizontal aspects of the IoE. The AllSeen Alliance, announced in December 2013, was formed with the goal to advance IoE adoption and innovation in the connected home, healthcare, education, aut...
Oct. 20, 2014 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,433
The Internet of Things (IoT) is making everything it touches smarter – smart devices, smart cars and smart cities. And lucky us, we’re just beginning to reap the benefits as we work toward a networked society. However, this technology-driven innovation is impacting more than just individuals. The IoT has an environmental impact as well, which brings us to the theme of this month’s #IoTuesday Twitter chat. The ability to remove inefficiencies through connected objects is driving change throughout every sector, including waste management. BigBelly Solar, located just outside of Boston, is trans...
Oct. 20, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,020
SYS-CON Events announced today that Matrix.org has been named “Silver Sponsor” of Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Matrix is an ambitious new open standard for open, distributed, real-time communication over IP. It defines a new approach for interoperable Instant Messaging and VoIP based on pragmatic HTTP APIs and WebRTC, and provides open source reference implementations to showcase and bootstrap the new standard. Our focus is on simplicity, security, and supporting the fullest feature set.
Oct. 20, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 910
SYS-CON Events announced today that Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, a...
Oct. 20, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 970
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a global leader in embedded systems, today added 96 new products to the Spansion® FM4 Family of flexible microcontrollers (MCUs). Based on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F core, the new MCUs boast a 200 MHz operating frequency and support a diverse set of on-chip peripherals for enhanced human machine interfaces (HMIs) and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications. The rich set of periphera...
Oct. 20, 2014 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 741
The only place to be June 9-11 is Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo 2015 East at the Javits Center in New York City. Join us there as delegates from all over the world come to listen to and engage with speakers & sponsors from the leading Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data companies. Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo are the leading events covering the booming market of Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data for the enterprise. Speakers from all over the world will be hand-picked for their ability to explore the economic strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Whether public, private, or in a hybrid form, clo...
Oct. 20, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,798
Software AG helps organizations transform into Digital Enterprises, so they can differentiate from competitors and better engage customers, partners and employees. Using the Software AG Suite, companies can close the gap between business and IT to create digital systems of differentiation that drive front-line agility. We offer four on-ramps to the Digital Enterprise: alignment through collaborative process analysis; transformation through portfolio management; agility through process automation and integration; and visibility through intelligent business operations and big data.
Oct. 20, 2014 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,526
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,514
Be Among the First 100 to Attend & Receive a Smart Beacon. The Physical Web is an open web project within the Chrome team at Google. Scott Jenson leads a team that is working to leverage the scalability and openness of the web to talk to smart devices. The Physical Web uses bluetooth low energy beacons to broadcast an URL wirelessly using an open protocol. Nearby devices can find all URLs in the room, rank them and let the user pick one from a list. Each device is, in effect, a gateway to a web page. This unlocks entirely new use cases so devices can offer tiny bits of information or simple i...
Oct. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,718
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, will address the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. How important are public, private, and hybrid cloud to the enterprise? How does one define Big Data? And how is the IoT tying all this together?
Oct. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
The Internet of Things (IoT) is going to require a new way of thinking and of developing software for speed, security and innovation. This requires IT leaders to balance business as usual while anticipating for the next market and technology trends. Cloud provides the right IT asset portfolio to help today’s IT leaders manage the old and prepare for the new. Today the cloud conversation is evolving from private and public to hybrid. This session will provide use cases and insights to reinforce the value of the network in helping organizations to maximize their company’s cloud experience.
Oct. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,803
TechCrunch reported that "Berlin-based relayr, maker of the WunderBar, an Internet of Things (IoT) hardware dev kit which resembles a chunky chocolate bar, has closed a $2.3 million seed round, from unnamed U.S. and Switzerland-based investors. The startup had previously raised a €250,000 friend and family round, and had been on track to close a €500,000 seed earlier this year — but received a higher funding offer from a different set of investors, which is the $2.3M round it’s reporting."
Oct. 20, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
Oct. 19, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,437
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. Over the summer Gartner released its much anticipated annual Hype Cycle report and the big news is that Internet of Things has now replaced Big Data as the most hyped technology. Indeed, we're hearing more and more about this fascinating new technological paradigm. Every other IT news item seems to be about IoT and its implications on the future of digital busines...
Oct. 19, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,677
Cultural, regulatory, environmental, political and economic (CREPE) conditions over the past decade are creating cross-industry solution spaces that require processes and technologies from both the Internet of Things (IoT), and Data Management and Analytics (DMA). These solution spaces are evolving into Sensor Analytics Ecosystems (SAE) that represent significant new opportunities for organizations of all types. Public Utilities throughout the world, providing electricity, natural gas and water, are pursuing SmartGrid initiatives that represent one of the more mature examples of SAE. We have s...
Oct. 19, 2014 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,358
The Internet of Things needs an entirely new security model, or does it? Can we save some old and tested controls for the latest emerging and different technology environments? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, will review hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal privacy options and a new risk balance you might not expect.
Oct. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,854
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, will discuss the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. The presentation will also discuss how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics to discuss are barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold.
Oct. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,658
Swiss innovators dizmo Inc. launches its ground-breaking software, which turns any digital surface into an immersive platform. The dizmo platform seamlessly connects digital and physical objects in the home and at the workplace. Dizmo breaks down traditional boundaries between device, operating systems, apps and software, transforming the way users work, play and live. It supports orchestration and collaboration in an unparalleled way enabling any data to instantaneously be accessed on any surface, anywhere and made interactive. Dizmo brings fantasies as seen in Sci-fi movies such as Iro...
Oct. 18, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,813
There’s Big Data, then there’s really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at 6th Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, to discuss how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other mach...
Oct. 18, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,887
This Internet of Nouns trend is still in the early stages and many of our already connected gadgets do provide human benefits over the typical infotainment. Internet of Things or IoT. You know, where everyday objects have software, chips, and sensors to capture data and report back. Household items like refrigerators, toilets and thermostats along with clothing, cars and soon, the entire home will be connected. Many of these devices provide actionable data - or just fun entertainment - so people can make decisions about whatever is being monitored. It can also help save lives.
Oct. 18, 2014 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,616