|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced several leading industry analyst firms have recognized Pentaho's complete data integration and business analytics platform as one of the most comprehensive and high-performing solutions available today.
Pentaho Business Analytics, which includes the industry's first instant big data discovery application, unifies data integration and business analytics capabilities into a single modern, highly-embeddable platform.
Comprehensive research carried out by leading analyst firms found Pentaho Business Analytics to excel in total cost of ownership (TCO), return on investment (ROI), robust functionality, agility and overall performance for big data, OEM and enterprise users. In-depth analysis on Pentaho Business Analytics appears in the following reports:
- Nucleus Research Analytics Technology Value Matrix, Second Half 2012;
- Gleanster Gleansight Agile Business Intelligence Q4 2012;
- Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Awards, Social Media Winner – BeachMint
- Ventana Research Value Index – Business Intelligence – 2012;
- Montclair Advisors 2012 Global SaaS Top 250;
- BARC Research BI Survey 2012.
"The demand for more interactive, nimble and instant analysis is accelerating as enterprises and OEMs push to turn large amounts of varied types of data into smarter, more effective business decisions," said Rosanne Saccone, chief marketing officer at Pentaho Corporation. "Pentaho Business Analytics meets this growing need and solves the challenge of how to quickly and easily access and analyze ever-escalating volumes of data. We continue to receive industry accolades and achieve customer success because of our unified, comprehensive data integration and business analytics platform."
Analyst Report Highlights:
- Pentaho is cited as an "Expert" in Nucleus Research's Analytics Technology Value Matrix report for deep investments in its comprehensive, sophisticated business analytics functionalities. Nucleus also noted that Pentaho's business analytics platform has provided proven value as a software provider for a Nucleus Research 2012 ROI Award. The report evaluates vendors that answer the market's growing demand for more frequent analytics input, increased insight from external data sources, improved guidance and accelerated business decisions. The Value Matrix assesses solutions that provide both usable and functional solutions in four core analytics areas: business intelligence (BI), performance management (PM), predictive analytics, and big data.
- Gleanster's recent Gleansight benchmark report titled, "Agile Business Intelligence (BI)," is a comprehensive look at how more than 300 top performers are using Agile BI to enable continuous, iterative, on-demand reporting, empower non-IT professionals with data access and drive faster, smarter business decisions. According to the report's authors Research Director Jeff Zabin and Principal Analyst Tim O'Brien, "Pentaho's BI solutions have received widespread accolades for their ability to enable agile decision-making. Pentaho's flexible deployment options make the solution a good fit for organizations of all sizes and in varying environments."
- Pentaho customer BeachMint, a forward-thinking online retailer, won the Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Award in the social media category for its innovative use of Facebook and Twitter data for operational advantage. BeachMint uses Pentaho to help keep close tabs on its large Facebook and Twitter communities, tracking data such as fans, likes, favorites, customer product reviews and comments to improve marketing campaign effectiveness. Read about the company's success with Pentaho at: BeachMint's Big Data Deployment a Breeze with Pentaho.
- Ranked in the top category, Ventana Research's Business Intelligence Value Index named Pentaho a "Hot Vendor," excelling in the customer assurance grid for vendor validation, total cost of ownership and return on investment. Using the Ventana Research Value Index for Business Intelligence 2012, IT organizations evaluate business intelligence software offerings more rapidly and accurately, allowing buyers to make choices based on a deeper understanding of how these offerings can address their specific requirements.
- Montclair Advisors recognized Pentaho as a member of the 2012 global SaaS Top 250 company listing. Pentaho was selected for being a leader in the pure and hybrid SaaS categories globally, joining other notable public SaaS firms such as Salesforce.com, Netsuite and Workday. "Pentaho, like all 2012 SaaS 250 companies, has excelled in developing innovative products which has resulted in their spectacular growth over the past few years," said Kevin Dobbs, Managing Partner at Montclair Advisors. "Montclair Advisors congratulates Pentaho for its remarkable SaaS achievements."
- Pentaho came in first in BARC Research's BI Survey 2012 among the OLAP Analysis vendors peer group in three categories: user recommendation, proportion of employees index, and cloud BI. With nearly 3,000 responses, BARC Research's report is the world's largest independent survey of BI users. In the pinnacle category "recommendation," Pentaho ranked first not only among OLAP Analysis vendors, but also among SME project vendors, showing that its customers across many different industries are happy with Pentaho Business Analytics and would recommend it to other users.
- Try Pentaho Business Analytics now - experience the power of Pentaho Business Analytics today.
- Join the conversation – follow @Pentaho, read our blog, join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical to maintaining positive ROI. Raxak Protect is an automated security compliance SaaS platform and ma...
Nov. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 413
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 174
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context with p...
Nov. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 411
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 464
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 542
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound cha...
Nov. 27, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 538
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 315
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 384
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 399
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 491
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 27, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 292
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Nov. 27, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 424
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessions, I wanted to share some of my observations on emerging trends. As cyber security serves as a fou...
Nov. 27, 2015 07:30 AM EST Reads: 323
Continuous processes around the development and deployment of applications are both impacted by -- and a benefit to -- the Internet of Things trend. To help better understand the relationship between DevOps and a plethora of new end-devices and data please welcome Gary Gruver, consultant, author and a former IT executive who has led many large-scale IT transformation projects, and John Jeremiah, Technology Evangelist at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), on Twitter at @j_jeremiah. The discussion is moderated by me, Dana Gardner, Principal Analyst at Interarbor Solutions.
Nov. 27, 2015 04:15 AM EST Reads: 712
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now all corporate assets – people, objects, and spaces – can share information about themselves and thei...
Nov. 27, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 230
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 27, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 338
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound effect on the world, and what should we expect to see over the next couple of years.
Nov. 27, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 462
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true change and transformation possible.
Nov. 27, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 521
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" in this scenario: microservice A (releases daily) depends on a couple of additions to backend B (re...
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 431
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 567