|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced several leading industry analyst firms have recognized Pentaho's complete data integration and business analytics platform as one of the most comprehensive and high-performing solutions available today.
Pentaho Business Analytics, which includes the industry's first instant big data discovery application, unifies data integration and business analytics capabilities into a single modern, highly-embeddable platform.
Comprehensive research carried out by leading analyst firms found Pentaho Business Analytics to excel in total cost of ownership (TCO), return on investment (ROI), robust functionality, agility and overall performance for big data, OEM and enterprise users. In-depth analysis on Pentaho Business Analytics appears in the following reports:
- Nucleus Research Analytics Technology Value Matrix, Second Half 2012;
- Gleanster Gleansight Agile Business Intelligence Q4 2012;
- Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Awards, Social Media Winner – BeachMint
- Ventana Research Value Index – Business Intelligence – 2012;
- Montclair Advisors 2012 Global SaaS Top 250;
- BARC Research BI Survey 2012.
"The demand for more interactive, nimble and instant analysis is accelerating as enterprises and OEMs push to turn large amounts of varied types of data into smarter, more effective business decisions," said Rosanne Saccone, chief marketing officer at Pentaho Corporation. "Pentaho Business Analytics meets this growing need and solves the challenge of how to quickly and easily access and analyze ever-escalating volumes of data. We continue to receive industry accolades and achieve customer success because of our unified, comprehensive data integration and business analytics platform."
Analyst Report Highlights:
- Pentaho is cited as an "Expert" in Nucleus Research's Analytics Technology Value Matrix report for deep investments in its comprehensive, sophisticated business analytics functionalities. Nucleus also noted that Pentaho's business analytics platform has provided proven value as a software provider for a Nucleus Research 2012 ROI Award. The report evaluates vendors that answer the market's growing demand for more frequent analytics input, increased insight from external data sources, improved guidance and accelerated business decisions. The Value Matrix assesses solutions that provide both usable and functional solutions in four core analytics areas: business intelligence (BI), performance management (PM), predictive analytics, and big data.
- Gleanster's recent Gleansight benchmark report titled, "Agile Business Intelligence (BI)," is a comprehensive look at how more than 300 top performers are using Agile BI to enable continuous, iterative, on-demand reporting, empower non-IT professionals with data access and drive faster, smarter business decisions. According to the report's authors Research Director Jeff Zabin and Principal Analyst Tim O'Brien, "Pentaho's BI solutions have received widespread accolades for their ability to enable agile decision-making. Pentaho's flexible deployment options make the solution a good fit for organizations of all sizes and in varying environments."
- Pentaho customer BeachMint, a forward-thinking online retailer, won the Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Award in the social media category for its innovative use of Facebook and Twitter data for operational advantage. BeachMint uses Pentaho to help keep close tabs on its large Facebook and Twitter communities, tracking data such as fans, likes, favorites, customer product reviews and comments to improve marketing campaign effectiveness. Read about the company's success with Pentaho at: BeachMint's Big Data Deployment a Breeze with Pentaho.
- Ranked in the top category, Ventana Research's Business Intelligence Value Index named Pentaho a "Hot Vendor," excelling in the customer assurance grid for vendor validation, total cost of ownership and return on investment. Using the Ventana Research Value Index for Business Intelligence 2012, IT organizations evaluate business intelligence software offerings more rapidly and accurately, allowing buyers to make choices based on a deeper understanding of how these offerings can address their specific requirements.
- Montclair Advisors recognized Pentaho as a member of the 2012 global SaaS Top 250 company listing. Pentaho was selected for being a leader in the pure and hybrid SaaS categories globally, joining other notable public SaaS firms such as Salesforce.com, Netsuite and Workday. "Pentaho, like all 2012 SaaS 250 companies, has excelled in developing innovative products which has resulted in their spectacular growth over the past few years," said Kevin Dobbs, Managing Partner at Montclair Advisors. "Montclair Advisors congratulates Pentaho for its remarkable SaaS achievements."
- Pentaho came in first in BARC Research's BI Survey 2012 among the OLAP Analysis vendors peer group in three categories: user recommendation, proportion of employees index, and cloud BI. With nearly 3,000 responses, BARC Research's report is the world's largest independent survey of BI users. In the pinnacle category "recommendation," Pentaho ranked first not only among OLAP Analysis vendors, but also among SME project vendors, showing that its customers across many different industries are happy with Pentaho Business Analytics and would recommend it to other users.
- Try Pentaho Business Analytics now - experience the power of Pentaho Business Analytics today.
- Join the conversation – follow @Pentaho, read our blog, join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 286
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,534
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,582
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,460
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,995
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,370
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 5,665
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,864
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 4,123
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 16, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 3,018
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,843
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,493
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,092
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,502
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,843
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,233
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,744
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,930
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,673
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,162