|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced its industry-leading, complete suite of silicon and software platform solutions to enhance the lifestyles of consumers worldwide at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the industry's most innovative silicon design companies, Marvell also will showcase its comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions including 4G LTE, Smart TV, cloud infrastructure and the new Kinoma® application platform for today's Digital Connected Lifestyle.
"After years of our great innovation and dedicated effort in driving the 'Digital Connected Lifestyle' I am very pleased with Marvell's leadership in enabling top global OEMs, ODMs, service providers, operators and other ecosystem partners with many creative and successful products such as Google Chromecast and in empowering billions of consumers around the world with our end-to-end silicon and software platform solutions ranging from mobile communication to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and now the Internet of Things (IoT)," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. "As technology becomes an integral part of our daily life and lifestyle, I believe devices of all types – from high performance smartphones to power efficient IoT devices with vastly different screen size and form factor across different operating systems – need to be seamlessly connected with great ease of use. This is exactly the unique and differentiated capability of our highly scalable and advanced Kinoma software platform and technology. We are as committed as ever in continuing our dedication and innovation to better the lives of all consumers and to make the world a better place for all."
Marvell will be demonstrating its mobile connectivity and Connected Digital Lifestyle solutions at CES 2014 in Marvell's booth in the Venetian Hotel, Level 3 (Murano No. 3304), including:
Industry Leading 4GLTE Solutions Empowering a Wide Variety of Smart Devices from Flagship and 1000RMB Mass Market Smartphones to Mobile Hotspots
- Enabling Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE Smartphones for China Mobile – China's leading mobile brand, Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile is based on Marvell's ARMADA® Mobile solutions. The Coolpad 8720L mass market 4G LTE smartphone, powered by Marvell's high-performance and cost-effective PXA1088LTE System-on-Chip (SoC), further accelerate the adoption of 4G LTE in China. Marvell's PXA1088LTE quad-core solution supports Time-Division Long-Term Evolution (TD-LTE), Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA), Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA), Enhanced Data for the GSM Environment (EDGE) and Global System for Mobile (GSM) for the fast growing 4G LTE market in China.
- Powering China Mobile's 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot – China Mobile launches its self-branded 4G LTE mobile hotspot powered by Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 multimode 4G LTE platform. The China Mobile CM408 4G LTE mobile hotspot enables mobile broadband connectivity to laptop computers, tablets and legacy handsets through China Mobile's ever expanding LTE network. China Mobile, the world's largest mobile operator with more than 760 million mobile subscribers, selected Marvell's PXA1802 because of its superior performance.
- ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 Powers ZTE's Grand Memo Flagship Smartphone in Achieving China Mobile TD-LTE Certification– ZTE's Grand Memo flagship smartphone achieves China Mobile TD-LTE certification with Marvell's industry leading 4G LTE solution included in the device. Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 4G LTE modem enables ZTE's first premium smartphone certified on the China Mobile TD-LTE network. As one of the first 4G smartphones to receive China's TD-LTE mobile phone network access license and to pass China Mobile's CMCC OT tests, the ZTE U9815 demonstrates the advantages of Marvell solutions in TD-LTE and its cooperation with ZTE.
- Featured in Yulong Launch of its New Coolpad Flagship TD-LTE Smartphone for China Mobile – Yulong launches its new Coolpad flagship TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile featuring Marvell's ARMADA Mobile multimode 4G LTE solution. The Coolpad MagView 8970L features the ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 with dual radio and seamless global roaming capabilities. The Coolpad MagView 8970L also features dual radio and world phone capability to support international 3G roaming.
New Additions to Marvell's Award-Winning ARMADA 1500 Product Family Extends Google Chromecast, Time Magazine's Top Gadget of 2013, and Other Successes to Next Generation of Smart Home Devices
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 PRO – The newest edition to the award-winning ARMADA 1500 SoC family and quadrupling the performance, the ARMADA 1500 PRO (88DE3114) is a quad-core platform optimized to support Google services for Smart TV and complete IP-hybrid service security from Verimatrix. The high performing multi-core ARM CPU platform is powering a highly immersive, innovative, and secure High Definition digital experience in the consumer's living room and across multiple screens, driving the convergence of digital entertainment and gaming applications and paving the way for the next-generation of Smart Home devices. Marvell will showcase how global OEMs such Skyworth are integrating the ARMADA 1500 Plus to deliver a vast array of immersive consumer entertainment experiences at mass-market price points at CES.
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 Plus – The ARMADA 1500 Plus (88DE3108) supports Google services for Smart TV and offers significantly improved graphics performance, real-time 1080p video encode capabilities, Gigabit Ethernet connectivity as well as an enhanced security engine that further facilitates more seamless adoption by service operators. Ideal for set-top-boxes, over-the-top media players, hybrid set-top boxes and Smart TVs.
- Marvell ZigBee Remote Control Platform – The new ZigBee Remote Control Platform provides a rich remote control solution set that includes voice search and gesture recognition, Internet-based multimedia search and discovery capabilities, support for the latest in cloud gaming, and more. Continuing its dedication to driving the Connected Digital Lifestyle, this new platform incorporates the highly integrated 88MZ100 ZigBee/RF4CE SoC for the Smart home and completes Marvell's remote control portfolio supporting both ZigBee/RF4CE and Bluetooth connectivity standards, preferred by set-top box and TV manufacturers respectively.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- Marvell G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies will be on display at CES, and are now being deployed with top manufacturers such as Blu-Castle and Netwave. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber for the delivery of Ultra HD content to Smart TVs and other digital lifestyle devices.
Advancing the Company's IoT offerings with New Kinoma Platform
Continued Wireless Leadership
- Marvell Launches Best-In-Class 802.11ac 1x1 Wireless Combo Solution with Industry's Highest Level of Integration for New Generation of Mobile Applications – The Marvell Avastar® 88W8887 expands Marvell's rich 802.11ac product portfolio providing a high-performance, low-power solution. This highly integrated quad-radio wireless connectivity solution enables 802.11ac 1x1 Very High Throughput (VHT), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Bluetooth 4.1 (BT), Near Field Communications (NFC) and FM Receiver in a single-chip for smartphones, tablets and other wirelessly connected devices. The Avastar 88W8887 also incorporates Power Amplifier (PA), Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) and RF switch, providing the industry's highest level of RF front end integration which allows for a cost-efficient solution with a significantly smaller footprint and reduced design complexity compared to existing available solution.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world's most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, Kinoma, Avastar, and ARMADA are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,088
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 28, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,078
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,585
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,638
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,168
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Mar. 28, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 14,239
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 28, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,609
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,124
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Mar. 28, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,687
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 28, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,475
SYS-CON Events announced today that CrowdReviews.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CrowdReviews.com is a transparent online platform for determining which products and services are the best based on the opinion of the crowd. The crowd consists of Internet users that have experienced products and services first-hand and have an interest in letting other potential buyers...
Mar. 28, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,713
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 28, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,300
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 28, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,545
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Mar. 28, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,436
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,248
Now that the world has connected “things,” we need to build these devices as truly intelligent in order to create instantaneous and precise results. This means you have to do as much of the processing at the point of entry as you can: at the edge. The killer use cases for IoT are becoming manifest through AI engines on edge devices. An autonomous car has this dual edge/cloud analytics model, producing precise, real-time results. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Crupi, Vice President and Eng...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,084
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,188
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,455
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,041
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,349