|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced its industry-leading, complete suite of silicon and software platform solutions to enhance the lifestyles of consumers worldwide at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the industry's most innovative silicon design companies, Marvell also will showcase its comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions including 4G LTE, Smart TV, cloud infrastructure and the new Kinoma® application platform for today's Digital Connected Lifestyle.
"After years of our great innovation and dedicated effort in driving the 'Digital Connected Lifestyle' I am very pleased with Marvell's leadership in enabling top global OEMs, ODMs, service providers, operators and other ecosystem partners with many creative and successful products such as Google Chromecast and in empowering billions of consumers around the world with our end-to-end silicon and software platform solutions ranging from mobile communication to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and now the Internet of Things (IoT)," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. "As technology becomes an integral part of our daily life and lifestyle, I believe devices of all types – from high performance smartphones to power efficient IoT devices with vastly different screen size and form factor across different operating systems – need to be seamlessly connected with great ease of use. This is exactly the unique and differentiated capability of our highly scalable and advanced Kinoma software platform and technology. We are as committed as ever in continuing our dedication and innovation to better the lives of all consumers and to make the world a better place for all."
Marvell will be demonstrating its mobile connectivity and Connected Digital Lifestyle solutions at CES 2014 in Marvell's booth in the Venetian Hotel, Level 3 (Murano No. 3304), including:
Industry Leading 4GLTE Solutions Empowering a Wide Variety of Smart Devices from Flagship and 1000RMB Mass Market Smartphones to Mobile Hotspots
- Enabling Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE Smartphones for China Mobile – China's leading mobile brand, Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile is based on Marvell's ARMADA® Mobile solutions. The Coolpad 8720L mass market 4G LTE smartphone, powered by Marvell's high-performance and cost-effective PXA1088LTE System-on-Chip (SoC), further accelerate the adoption of 4G LTE in China. Marvell's PXA1088LTE quad-core solution supports Time-Division Long-Term Evolution (TD-LTE), Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA), Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA), Enhanced Data for the GSM Environment (EDGE) and Global System for Mobile (GSM) for the fast growing 4G LTE market in China.
- Powering China Mobile's 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot – China Mobile launches its self-branded 4G LTE mobile hotspot powered by Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 multimode 4G LTE platform. The China Mobile CM408 4G LTE mobile hotspot enables mobile broadband connectivity to laptop computers, tablets and legacy handsets through China Mobile's ever expanding LTE network. China Mobile, the world's largest mobile operator with more than 760 million mobile subscribers, selected Marvell's PXA1802 because of its superior performance.
- ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 Powers ZTE's Grand Memo Flagship Smartphone in Achieving China Mobile TD-LTE Certification– ZTE's Grand Memo flagship smartphone achieves China Mobile TD-LTE certification with Marvell's industry leading 4G LTE solution included in the device. Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 4G LTE modem enables ZTE's first premium smartphone certified on the China Mobile TD-LTE network. As one of the first 4G smartphones to receive China's TD-LTE mobile phone network access license and to pass China Mobile's CMCC OT tests, the ZTE U9815 demonstrates the advantages of Marvell solutions in TD-LTE and its cooperation with ZTE.
- Featured in Yulong Launch of its New Coolpad Flagship TD-LTE Smartphone for China Mobile – Yulong launches its new Coolpad flagship TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile featuring Marvell's ARMADA Mobile multimode 4G LTE solution. The Coolpad MagView 8970L features the ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 with dual radio and seamless global roaming capabilities. The Coolpad MagView 8970L also features dual radio and world phone capability to support international 3G roaming.
New Additions to Marvell's Award-Winning ARMADA 1500 Product Family Extends Google Chromecast, Time Magazine's Top Gadget of 2013, and Other Successes to Next Generation of Smart Home Devices
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 PRO – The newest edition to the award-winning ARMADA 1500 SoC family and quadrupling the performance, the ARMADA 1500 PRO (88DE3114) is a quad-core platform optimized to support Google services for Smart TV and complete IP-hybrid service security from Verimatrix. The high performing multi-core ARM CPU platform is powering a highly immersive, innovative, and secure High Definition digital experience in the consumer's living room and across multiple screens, driving the convergence of digital entertainment and gaming applications and paving the way for the next-generation of Smart Home devices. Marvell will showcase how global OEMs such Skyworth are integrating the ARMADA 1500 Plus to deliver a vast array of immersive consumer entertainment experiences at mass-market price points at CES.
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 Plus – The ARMADA 1500 Plus (88DE3108) supports Google services for Smart TV and offers significantly improved graphics performance, real-time 1080p video encode capabilities, Gigabit Ethernet connectivity as well as an enhanced security engine that further facilitates more seamless adoption by service operators. Ideal for set-top-boxes, over-the-top media players, hybrid set-top boxes and Smart TVs.
- Marvell ZigBee Remote Control Platform – The new ZigBee Remote Control Platform provides a rich remote control solution set that includes voice search and gesture recognition, Internet-based multimedia search and discovery capabilities, support for the latest in cloud gaming, and more. Continuing its dedication to driving the Connected Digital Lifestyle, this new platform incorporates the highly integrated 88MZ100 ZigBee/RF4CE SoC for the Smart home and completes Marvell's remote control portfolio supporting both ZigBee/RF4CE and Bluetooth connectivity standards, preferred by set-top box and TV manufacturers respectively.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- Marvell G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies will be on display at CES, and are now being deployed with top manufacturers such as Blu-Castle and Netwave. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber for the delivery of Ultra HD content to Smart TVs and other digital lifestyle devices.
Advancing the Company's IoT offerings with New Kinoma Platform
Continued Wireless Leadership
- Marvell Launches Best-In-Class 802.11ac 1x1 Wireless Combo Solution with Industry's Highest Level of Integration for New Generation of Mobile Applications – The Marvell Avastar® 88W8887 expands Marvell's rich 802.11ac product portfolio providing a high-performance, low-power solution. This highly integrated quad-radio wireless connectivity solution enables 802.11ac 1x1 Very High Throughput (VHT), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Bluetooth 4.1 (BT), Near Field Communications (NFC) and FM Receiver in a single-chip for smartphones, tablets and other wirelessly connected devices. The Avastar 88W8887 also incorporates Power Amplifier (PA), Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) and RF switch, providing the industry's highest level of RF front end integration which allows for a cost-efficient solution with a significantly smaller footprint and reduced design complexity compared to existing available solution.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world's most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, Kinoma, Avastar, and ARMADA are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
While great strides have been made relative to the video aspects of remote collaboration, audio technology has basically stagnated. Typically all audio is mixed to a single monaural stream and emanates from a single point, such as a speakerphone or a speaker associated with a video monitor. This leads to confusion and lack of understanding among participants especially regarding who is actually speaking. Spatial teleconferencing introduces the concept of acoustic spatial separation between conference participants in three dimensional space. This has been shown to significantly improve comprehe...
May. 23, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,007
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
May. 23, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,133
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 23, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,915
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 23, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,662
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. According to a recent IDG Research Services Survey this rate of traffic will only grow. What's driving t...
May. 23, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,052
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
May. 23, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,968
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
May. 23, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,887
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, including what it is today, what it might ultimately be, the role of wearable tech, and technology gaps stil...
May. 23, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,399
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
May. 23, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,490
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
May. 23, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,454
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are increasing at an unprecedented rate. The threat landscape of today is drastically different than just a few years ago. Attacks are much more organized and sophisticated. They are harder to detect and even harder to anticipate. In the foreseeable future it's going to get a whole lot harder. Everything you know today will change. Keeping up with this changing landscape is already a daunting task. Your organization needs to use the latest tools, methods and expertise to guard against those threats. But will that be enough? In the foreseeable future attacks w...
May. 23, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,699
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 23, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,418
Cloud is not a commodity. And no matter what you call it, computing doesn’t come out of the sky. It comes from physical hardware inside brick and mortar facilities connected by hundreds of miles of networking cable. And no two clouds are built the same way. SoftLayer gives you the highest performing cloud infrastructure available. One platform that takes data centers around the world that are full of the widest range of cloud computing options, and then integrates and automates everything. Join SoftLayer on June 9 at 16th Cloud Expo to learn about IBM Cloud's SoftLayer platform, explore se...
May. 23, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,121
15th Cloud Expo, which took place Nov. 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, expanded the conference content of @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit to include two developer events. IBM held a Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held a Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of Bluemix, its services and functionality and provide short-term introductory projects that developers can complete between sessions.
May. 23, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,257
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo – to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – is now accepting Hackathon proposals. Hackathon sponsorship benefits include general brand exposure and increasing engagement with the developer ecosystem. At Cloud Expo 2014 Silicon Valley, IBM held the Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held the DevOps Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of...
May. 23, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,431
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
May. 23, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,835
In the consumer IoT, everything is new, and the IT world of bits and bytes holds sway. But industrial and commercial realms encompass operational technology (OT) that has been around for 25 or 50 years. This grittier, pre-IP, more hands-on world has much to gain from Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications and principles. But adding sensors and wireless connectivity won’t work in environments that demand unwavering reliability and performance. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ron Sege, CEO of Echelon, will discuss how as enterprise IT embraces other IoT-related technology trends, enterprises with i...
May. 23, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,290
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps, abiding by privacy concerns and making the concept a reality. These challenges can't be addressed w...
May. 23, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 6,696
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise behind this presentation will provide attendees with a leading edge view of rapidly emerging IoT oppor...
May. 23, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,941
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focused on understanding how industrial data can create intelligence for industrial operations. Imagine ...
May. 23, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,197