|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced its industry-leading, complete suite of silicon and software platform solutions to enhance the lifestyles of consumers worldwide at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the industry's most innovative silicon design companies, Marvell also will showcase its comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions including 4G LTE, Smart TV, cloud infrastructure and the new Kinoma® application platform for today's Digital Connected Lifestyle.
"After years of our great innovation and dedicated effort in driving the 'Digital Connected Lifestyle' I am very pleased with Marvell's leadership in enabling top global OEMs, ODMs, service providers, operators and other ecosystem partners with many creative and successful products such as Google Chromecast and in empowering billions of consumers around the world with our end-to-end silicon and software platform solutions ranging from mobile communication to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and now the Internet of Things (IoT)," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. "As technology becomes an integral part of our daily life and lifestyle, I believe devices of all types – from high performance smartphones to power efficient IoT devices with vastly different screen size and form factor across different operating systems – need to be seamlessly connected with great ease of use. This is exactly the unique and differentiated capability of our highly scalable and advanced Kinoma software platform and technology. We are as committed as ever in continuing our dedication and innovation to better the lives of all consumers and to make the world a better place for all."
Marvell will be demonstrating its mobile connectivity and Connected Digital Lifestyle solutions at CES 2014 in Marvell's booth in the Venetian Hotel, Level 3 (Murano No. 3304), including:
Industry Leading 4GLTE Solutions Empowering a Wide Variety of Smart Devices from Flagship and 1000RMB Mass Market Smartphones to Mobile Hotspots
- Enabling Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE Smartphones for China Mobile – China's leading mobile brand, Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile is based on Marvell's ARMADA® Mobile solutions. The Coolpad 8720L mass market 4G LTE smartphone, powered by Marvell's high-performance and cost-effective PXA1088LTE System-on-Chip (SoC), further accelerate the adoption of 4G LTE in China. Marvell's PXA1088LTE quad-core solution supports Time-Division Long-Term Evolution (TD-LTE), Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA), Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA), Enhanced Data for the GSM Environment (EDGE) and Global System for Mobile (GSM) for the fast growing 4G LTE market in China.
- Powering China Mobile's 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot – China Mobile launches its self-branded 4G LTE mobile hotspot powered by Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 multimode 4G LTE platform. The China Mobile CM408 4G LTE mobile hotspot enables mobile broadband connectivity to laptop computers, tablets and legacy handsets through China Mobile's ever expanding LTE network. China Mobile, the world's largest mobile operator with more than 760 million mobile subscribers, selected Marvell's PXA1802 because of its superior performance.
- ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 Powers ZTE's Grand Memo Flagship Smartphone in Achieving China Mobile TD-LTE Certification– ZTE's Grand Memo flagship smartphone achieves China Mobile TD-LTE certification with Marvell's industry leading 4G LTE solution included in the device. Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 4G LTE modem enables ZTE's first premium smartphone certified on the China Mobile TD-LTE network. As one of the first 4G smartphones to receive China's TD-LTE mobile phone network access license and to pass China Mobile's CMCC OT tests, the ZTE U9815 demonstrates the advantages of Marvell solutions in TD-LTE and its cooperation with ZTE.
- Featured in Yulong Launch of its New Coolpad Flagship TD-LTE Smartphone for China Mobile – Yulong launches its new Coolpad flagship TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile featuring Marvell's ARMADA Mobile multimode 4G LTE solution. The Coolpad MagView 8970L features the ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 with dual radio and seamless global roaming capabilities. The Coolpad MagView 8970L also features dual radio and world phone capability to support international 3G roaming.
New Additions to Marvell's Award-Winning ARMADA 1500 Product Family Extends Google Chromecast, Time Magazine's Top Gadget of 2013, and Other Successes to Next Generation of Smart Home Devices
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 PRO – The newest edition to the award-winning ARMADA 1500 SoC family and quadrupling the performance, the ARMADA 1500 PRO (88DE3114) is a quad-core platform optimized to support Google services for Smart TV and complete IP-hybrid service security from Verimatrix. The high performing multi-core ARM CPU platform is powering a highly immersive, innovative, and secure High Definition digital experience in the consumer's living room and across multiple screens, driving the convergence of digital entertainment and gaming applications and paving the way for the next-generation of Smart Home devices. Marvell will showcase how global OEMs such Skyworth are integrating the ARMADA 1500 Plus to deliver a vast array of immersive consumer entertainment experiences at mass-market price points at CES.
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 Plus – The ARMADA 1500 Plus (88DE3108) supports Google services for Smart TV and offers significantly improved graphics performance, real-time 1080p video encode capabilities, Gigabit Ethernet connectivity as well as an enhanced security engine that further facilitates more seamless adoption by service operators. Ideal for set-top-boxes, over-the-top media players, hybrid set-top boxes and Smart TVs.
- Marvell ZigBee Remote Control Platform – The new ZigBee Remote Control Platform provides a rich remote control solution set that includes voice search and gesture recognition, Internet-based multimedia search and discovery capabilities, support for the latest in cloud gaming, and more. Continuing its dedication to driving the Connected Digital Lifestyle, this new platform incorporates the highly integrated 88MZ100 ZigBee/RF4CE SoC for the Smart home and completes Marvell's remote control portfolio supporting both ZigBee/RF4CE and Bluetooth connectivity standards, preferred by set-top box and TV manufacturers respectively.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- Marvell G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies will be on display at CES, and are now being deployed with top manufacturers such as Blu-Castle and Netwave. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber for the delivery of Ultra HD content to Smart TVs and other digital lifestyle devices.
Advancing the Company's IoT offerings with New Kinoma Platform
Continued Wireless Leadership
- Marvell Launches Best-In-Class 802.11ac 1x1 Wireless Combo Solution with Industry's Highest Level of Integration for New Generation of Mobile Applications – The Marvell Avastar® 88W8887 expands Marvell's rich 802.11ac product portfolio providing a high-performance, low-power solution. This highly integrated quad-radio wireless connectivity solution enables 802.11ac 1x1 Very High Throughput (VHT), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Bluetooth 4.1 (BT), Near Field Communications (NFC) and FM Receiver in a single-chip for smartphones, tablets and other wirelessly connected devices. The Avastar 88W8887 also incorporates Power Amplifier (PA), Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) and RF switch, providing the industry's highest level of RF front end integration which allows for a cost-efficient solution with a significantly smaller footprint and reduced design complexity compared to existing available solution.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world's most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, Kinoma, Avastar, and ARMADA are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
Cultural, regulatory, environmental, political and economic (CREPE) conditions over the past decade are creating cross-industry solution spaces that require processes and technologies from both the Internet of Things (IoT), and Data Management and Analytics (DMA). These solution spaces are evolving into Sensor Analytics Ecosystems (SAE) that represent significant new opportunities for organizations of all types. Public Utilities throughout the world, providing electricity, natural gas and water, are pursuing SmartGrid initiatives that represent one of the more mature examples of SAE. We have s...
Nov. 27, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,217
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 27, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,601
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example t...
Nov. 27, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,429
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happens, where data lives and where the interface lies. For instance, it's a mix of architectural styles ...
Nov. 27, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,245
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Nov. 27, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 900
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
Nov. 27, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,627
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Nov. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,234
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrategies, will examine why IT must finally fulfill its role in support of its SBUs or face a new round of...
Nov. 27, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,191
One of the biggest challenges when developing connected devices is identifying user value and delivering it through successful user experiences. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kuniavsky, Principal Scientist, Innovation Services at PARC, described an IoT-specific approach to user experience design that combines approaches from interaction design, industrial design and service design to create experiences that go beyond simple connected gadgets to create lasting, multi-device experiences grounded in people's real needs and desires.
Nov. 27, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,190
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps, abiding by privacy concerns and making the concept a reality. These challenges can't be addressed w...
Nov. 27, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,485
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. According to a recent IDG Research Services Survey this rate of traffic will only grow. What's driving t...
Nov. 27, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,456
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Nov. 27, 2014 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,350
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
Nov. 27, 2014 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,295
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) i...
Nov. 27, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,186
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 27, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,137
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
Nov. 26, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,584
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,704
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 24, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,599
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 24, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,726
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 24, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,757