|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced its industry-leading, complete suite of silicon and software platform solutions to enhance the lifestyles of consumers worldwide at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the industry's most innovative silicon design companies, Marvell also will showcase its comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions including 4G LTE, Smart TV, cloud infrastructure and the new Kinoma® application platform for today's Digital Connected Lifestyle.
"After years of our great innovation and dedicated effort in driving the 'Digital Connected Lifestyle' I am very pleased with Marvell's leadership in enabling top global OEMs, ODMs, service providers, operators and other ecosystem partners with many creative and successful products such as Google Chromecast and in empowering billions of consumers around the world with our end-to-end silicon and software platform solutions ranging from mobile communication to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and now the Internet of Things (IoT)," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. "As technology becomes an integral part of our daily life and lifestyle, I believe devices of all types – from high performance smartphones to power efficient IoT devices with vastly different screen size and form factor across different operating systems – need to be seamlessly connected with great ease of use. This is exactly the unique and differentiated capability of our highly scalable and advanced Kinoma software platform and technology. We are as committed as ever in continuing our dedication and innovation to better the lives of all consumers and to make the world a better place for all."
Marvell will be demonstrating its mobile connectivity and Connected Digital Lifestyle solutions at CES 2014 in Marvell's booth in the Venetian Hotel, Level 3 (Murano No. 3304), including:
Industry Leading 4GLTE Solutions Empowering a Wide Variety of Smart Devices from Flagship and 1000RMB Mass Market Smartphones to Mobile Hotspots
- Enabling Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE Smartphones for China Mobile – China's leading mobile brand, Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile is based on Marvell's ARMADA® Mobile solutions. The Coolpad 8720L mass market 4G LTE smartphone, powered by Marvell's high-performance and cost-effective PXA1088LTE System-on-Chip (SoC), further accelerate the adoption of 4G LTE in China. Marvell's PXA1088LTE quad-core solution supports Time-Division Long-Term Evolution (TD-LTE), Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA), Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA), Enhanced Data for the GSM Environment (EDGE) and Global System for Mobile (GSM) for the fast growing 4G LTE market in China.
- Powering China Mobile's 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot – China Mobile launches its self-branded 4G LTE mobile hotspot powered by Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 multimode 4G LTE platform. The China Mobile CM408 4G LTE mobile hotspot enables mobile broadband connectivity to laptop computers, tablets and legacy handsets through China Mobile's ever expanding LTE network. China Mobile, the world's largest mobile operator with more than 760 million mobile subscribers, selected Marvell's PXA1802 because of its superior performance.
- ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 Powers ZTE's Grand Memo Flagship Smartphone in Achieving China Mobile TD-LTE Certification– ZTE's Grand Memo flagship smartphone achieves China Mobile TD-LTE certification with Marvell's industry leading 4G LTE solution included in the device. Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 4G LTE modem enables ZTE's first premium smartphone certified on the China Mobile TD-LTE network. As one of the first 4G smartphones to receive China's TD-LTE mobile phone network access license and to pass China Mobile's CMCC OT tests, the ZTE U9815 demonstrates the advantages of Marvell solutions in TD-LTE and its cooperation with ZTE.
- Featured in Yulong Launch of its New Coolpad Flagship TD-LTE Smartphone for China Mobile – Yulong launches its new Coolpad flagship TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile featuring Marvell's ARMADA Mobile multimode 4G LTE solution. The Coolpad MagView 8970L features the ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 with dual radio and seamless global roaming capabilities. The Coolpad MagView 8970L also features dual radio and world phone capability to support international 3G roaming.
New Additions to Marvell's Award-Winning ARMADA 1500 Product Family Extends Google Chromecast, Time Magazine's Top Gadget of 2013, and Other Successes to Next Generation of Smart Home Devices
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 PRO – The newest edition to the award-winning ARMADA 1500 SoC family and quadrupling the performance, the ARMADA 1500 PRO (88DE3114) is a quad-core platform optimized to support Google services for Smart TV and complete IP-hybrid service security from Verimatrix. The high performing multi-core ARM CPU platform is powering a highly immersive, innovative, and secure High Definition digital experience in the consumer's living room and across multiple screens, driving the convergence of digital entertainment and gaming applications and paving the way for the next-generation of Smart Home devices. Marvell will showcase how global OEMs such Skyworth are integrating the ARMADA 1500 Plus to deliver a vast array of immersive consumer entertainment experiences at mass-market price points at CES.
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 Plus – The ARMADA 1500 Plus (88DE3108) supports Google services for Smart TV and offers significantly improved graphics performance, real-time 1080p video encode capabilities, Gigabit Ethernet connectivity as well as an enhanced security engine that further facilitates more seamless adoption by service operators. Ideal for set-top-boxes, over-the-top media players, hybrid set-top boxes and Smart TVs.
- Marvell ZigBee Remote Control Platform – The new ZigBee Remote Control Platform provides a rich remote control solution set that includes voice search and gesture recognition, Internet-based multimedia search and discovery capabilities, support for the latest in cloud gaming, and more. Continuing its dedication to driving the Connected Digital Lifestyle, this new platform incorporates the highly integrated 88MZ100 ZigBee/RF4CE SoC for the Smart home and completes Marvell's remote control portfolio supporting both ZigBee/RF4CE and Bluetooth connectivity standards, preferred by set-top box and TV manufacturers respectively.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- Marvell G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies will be on display at CES, and are now being deployed with top manufacturers such as Blu-Castle and Netwave. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber for the delivery of Ultra HD content to Smart TVs and other digital lifestyle devices.
Advancing the Company's IoT offerings with New Kinoma Platform
Continued Wireless Leadership
- Marvell Launches Best-In-Class 802.11ac 1x1 Wireless Combo Solution with Industry's Highest Level of Integration for New Generation of Mobile Applications – The Marvell Avastar® 88W8887 expands Marvell's rich 802.11ac product portfolio providing a high-performance, low-power solution. This highly integrated quad-radio wireless connectivity solution enables 802.11ac 1x1 Very High Throughput (VHT), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Bluetooth 4.1 (BT), Near Field Communications (NFC) and FM Receiver in a single-chip for smartphones, tablets and other wirelessly connected devices. The Avastar 88W8887 also incorporates Power Amplifier (PA), Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) and RF switch, providing the industry's highest level of RF front end integration which allows for a cost-efficient solution with a significantly smaller footprint and reduced design complexity compared to existing available solution.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world's most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, Kinoma, Avastar, and ARMADA are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,395
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 298
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 448
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 266
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,051
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,157
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,272
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,183
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,762
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,039
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,029
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 322
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,901
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,573
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 388
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 460
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,535
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,486