|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced its industry-leading, complete suite of silicon and software platform solutions to enhance the lifestyles of consumers worldwide at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the industry's most innovative silicon design companies, Marvell also will showcase its comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions including 4G LTE, Smart TV, cloud infrastructure and the new Kinoma® application platform for today's Digital Connected Lifestyle.
"After years of our great innovation and dedicated effort in driving the 'Digital Connected Lifestyle' I am very pleased with Marvell's leadership in enabling top global OEMs, ODMs, service providers, operators and other ecosystem partners with many creative and successful products such as Google Chromecast and in empowering billions of consumers around the world with our end-to-end silicon and software platform solutions ranging from mobile communication to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and now the Internet of Things (IoT)," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. "As technology becomes an integral part of our daily life and lifestyle, I believe devices of all types – from high performance smartphones to power efficient IoT devices with vastly different screen size and form factor across different operating systems – need to be seamlessly connected with great ease of use. This is exactly the unique and differentiated capability of our highly scalable and advanced Kinoma software platform and technology. We are as committed as ever in continuing our dedication and innovation to better the lives of all consumers and to make the world a better place for all."
Marvell will be demonstrating its mobile connectivity and Connected Digital Lifestyle solutions at CES 2014 in Marvell's booth in the Venetian Hotel, Level 3 (Murano No. 3304), including:
Industry Leading 4GLTE Solutions Empowering a Wide Variety of Smart Devices from Flagship and 1000RMB Mass Market Smartphones to Mobile Hotspots
- Enabling Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE Smartphones for China Mobile – China's leading mobile brand, Yulong's 1,000RMB TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile is based on Marvell's ARMADA® Mobile solutions. The Coolpad 8720L mass market 4G LTE smartphone, powered by Marvell's high-performance and cost-effective PXA1088LTE System-on-Chip (SoC), further accelerate the adoption of 4G LTE in China. Marvell's PXA1088LTE quad-core solution supports Time-Division Long-Term Evolution (TD-LTE), Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA), Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA), Enhanced Data for the GSM Environment (EDGE) and Global System for Mobile (GSM) for the fast growing 4G LTE market in China.
- Powering China Mobile's 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot – China Mobile launches its self-branded 4G LTE mobile hotspot powered by Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 multimode 4G LTE platform. The China Mobile CM408 4G LTE mobile hotspot enables mobile broadband connectivity to laptop computers, tablets and legacy handsets through China Mobile's ever expanding LTE network. China Mobile, the world's largest mobile operator with more than 760 million mobile subscribers, selected Marvell's PXA1802 because of its superior performance.
- ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 Powers ZTE's Grand Memo Flagship Smartphone in Achieving China Mobile TD-LTE Certification– ZTE's Grand Memo flagship smartphone achieves China Mobile TD-LTE certification with Marvell's industry leading 4G LTE solution included in the device. Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 4G LTE modem enables ZTE's first premium smartphone certified on the China Mobile TD-LTE network. As one of the first 4G smartphones to receive China's TD-LTE mobile phone network access license and to pass China Mobile's CMCC OT tests, the ZTE U9815 demonstrates the advantages of Marvell solutions in TD-LTE and its cooperation with ZTE.
- Featured in Yulong Launch of its New Coolpad Flagship TD-LTE Smartphone for China Mobile – Yulong launches its new Coolpad flagship TD-LTE smartphone for China Mobile featuring Marvell's ARMADA Mobile multimode 4G LTE solution. The Coolpad MagView 8970L features the ARMADA Mobile PXA1802 with dual radio and seamless global roaming capabilities. The Coolpad MagView 8970L also features dual radio and world phone capability to support international 3G roaming.
New Additions to Marvell's Award-Winning ARMADA 1500 Product Family Extends Google Chromecast, Time Magazine's Top Gadget of 2013, and Other Successes to Next Generation of Smart Home Devices
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 PRO – The newest edition to the award-winning ARMADA 1500 SoC family and quadrupling the performance, the ARMADA 1500 PRO (88DE3114) is a quad-core platform optimized to support Google services for Smart TV and complete IP-hybrid service security from Verimatrix. The high performing multi-core ARM CPU platform is powering a highly immersive, innovative, and secure High Definition digital experience in the consumer's living room and across multiple screens, driving the convergence of digital entertainment and gaming applications and paving the way for the next-generation of Smart Home devices. Marvell will showcase how global OEMs such Skyworth are integrating the ARMADA 1500 Plus to deliver a vast array of immersive consumer entertainment experiences at mass-market price points at CES.
- Marvell ARMADA 1500 Plus – The ARMADA 1500 Plus (88DE3108) supports Google services for Smart TV and offers significantly improved graphics performance, real-time 1080p video encode capabilities, Gigabit Ethernet connectivity as well as an enhanced security engine that further facilitates more seamless adoption by service operators. Ideal for set-top-boxes, over-the-top media players, hybrid set-top boxes and Smart TVs.
- Marvell ZigBee Remote Control Platform – The new ZigBee Remote Control Platform provides a rich remote control solution set that includes voice search and gesture recognition, Internet-based multimedia search and discovery capabilities, support for the latest in cloud gaming, and more. Continuing its dedication to driving the Connected Digital Lifestyle, this new platform incorporates the highly integrated 88MZ100 ZigBee/RF4CE SoC for the Smart home and completes Marvell's remote control portfolio supporting both ZigBee/RF4CE and Bluetooth connectivity standards, preferred by set-top box and TV manufacturers respectively.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- Marvell G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies will be on display at CES, and are now being deployed with top manufacturers such as Blu-Castle and Netwave. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber for the delivery of Ultra HD content to Smart TVs and other digital lifestyle devices.
Advancing the Company's IoT offerings with New Kinoma Platform
Continued Wireless Leadership
- Marvell Launches Best-In-Class 802.11ac 1x1 Wireless Combo Solution with Industry's Highest Level of Integration for New Generation of Mobile Applications – The Marvell Avastar® 88W8887 expands Marvell's rich 802.11ac product portfolio providing a high-performance, low-power solution. This highly integrated quad-radio wireless connectivity solution enables 802.11ac 1x1 Very High Throughput (VHT), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Bluetooth 4.1 (BT), Near Field Communications (NFC) and FM Receiver in a single-chip for smartphones, tablets and other wirelessly connected devices. The Avastar 88W8887 also incorporates Power Amplifier (PA), Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) and RF switch, providing the industry's highest level of RF front end integration which allows for a cost-efficient solution with a significantly smaller footprint and reduced design complexity compared to existing available solution.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world's most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, Kinoma, Avastar, and ARMADA are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
Mar. 4, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,644
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing demand and the rapidly changing workspace model.
Mar. 4, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,083
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, including what it is today, what it might ultimately be, the role of wearable tech, and technology gaps stil...
Mar. 4, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,728
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., showed what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. He discussed opportunities and challenges ahead for the IoT from a market and technical point of vie...
Mar. 4, 2015 02:45 AM EST Reads: 3,815
Hadoop as a Service (as offered by handful of niche vendors now) is a cloud computing solution that makes medium and large-scale data processing accessible, easy, fast and inexpensive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Kumar Ramamurthy, Vice President and Chief Technologist, EIM & Big Data, at Virtusa, will discuss how this is achieved by eliminating the operational challenges of running Hadoop, so one can focus on business growth. The fragmented Hadoop distribution world and various PaaS solutions that provide a Hadoop flavor either make choices for customers very flexible in the name of opti...
Mar. 4, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,173
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
Mar. 4, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,125
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are increasing at an unprecedented rate. The threat landscape of today is drastically different than just a few years ago. Attacks are much more organized and sophisticated. They are harder to detect and even harder to anticipate. In the foreseeable future it's going to get a whole lot harder. Everything you know today will change. Keeping up with this changing landscape is already a daunting task. Your organization needs to use the latest tools, methods and expertise to guard against those threats. But will that be enough? In the foreseeable future attacks w...
Mar. 4, 2015 01:30 AM EST Reads: 3,520
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
Mar. 4, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,543
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
Mar. 4, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 3,089
Even as cloud and managed services grow increasingly central to business strategy and performance, challenges remain. The biggest sticking point for companies seeking to capitalize on the cloud is data security. Keeping data safe is an issue in any computing environment, and it has been a focus since the earliest days of the cloud revolution. Understandably so: a lot can go wrong when you allow valuable information to live outside the firewall. Recent revelations about government snooping, along with a steady stream of well-publicized data breaches, only add to the uncertainty
Mar. 3, 2015 11:15 PM EST Reads: 749
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Mar. 3, 2015 09:15 PM EST Reads: 880
As organizations shift toward IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection &E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships, will discuss how to cut costs, scale easily, and unleash insight with CommVault Simpana software, the only si...
Mar. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 966
Cloud data governance was previously an avoided function when cloud deployments were relatively small. With the rapid adoption in public cloud – both rogue and sanctioned, it’s not uncommon to find regulated data dumped into public cloud and unprotected. This is why enterprises and cloud providers alike need to embrace a cloud data governance function and map policies, processes and technology controls accordingly. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems, will focus on how to set up a cloud data governance program and s...
Mar. 3, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 928
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been involved at the beginning of four IT industries: EDA, Open Systems, Computer Security and now SOA.
Mar. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,443
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focused on understanding how industrial data can create intelligence for industrial operations. Imagine ...
Mar. 3, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,521
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, representing a model of how to analyze rea...
Mar. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,481
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes for use cases across the industrial, enterprise, and consumer segments.
Mar. 3, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,369
HP and Aruba Networks on Monday announced a definitive agreement for HP to acquire Aruba, a provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise, for $24.67 per share in cash. The equity value of the transaction is approximately $3.0 billion, and net of cash and debt approximately $2.7 billion. Both companies' boards of directors have approved the deal. "Enterprises are facing a mobile-first world and are looking for solutions that help them transition legacy investments to the new style of IT," said Meg Whitman, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of HP...
Mar. 3, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 940
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch of Docker's initial release in March of 2013, interest was revved up several notches. Then late last...
Mar. 3, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 996
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
Mar. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,456