|By Marketwired .||
|March 31, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/31/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Continuing to lead MySQL innovation, Oracle announced the immediate availability of a new Development Milestone Release for MySQL 5.7. To meet the demands of today's web, cloud, and embedded applications, the new release extends the performance, scalability and reliability of MySQL, the world's most popular open source database, while also enhancing management capabilities. In addition, Oracle announced the availability of several other MySQL product releases and early access features.
- Continuing to drive MySQL innovation, Oracle announced the availability of a new Development Milestone Release (DMR) for MySQL 5.7.
- Available for download in the MySQL Developer Zone, this MySQL 5.7.4 DMR delivers improvements in replication, security, and instrumentation resulting in significantly higher performance and improved manageability over MySQL 5.6.
- The Release Candidate of MySQL Fabric, providing high availability management and scale out through sharding is also available. MySQL Fabric is included in the Release Candidate version of MySQL Utilities 1.4.2.
- MySQL Workbench 6.1 is generally available today, delivering additional capabilities for performance assessment and query optimization.
- In addition, Oracle is providing early access to features under development including Geographic Information System (GIS) and multi-source improvements, and a preview of MySQL Cluster 7.4, for community testing and feedback through http://labs.mysql.com.
New MySQL Enhancements Improve Performance, Scalability and Manageability
- Performance and Scalability
- MySQL DMR 5.7.4 provides performance and throughput improvements for Solid State Disks (SSD).
- Improved InnoDB buffer pool and metadata locking deliver higher throughput, performance and scalability.
- MySQL semi-synchronous replication performance enhancements.
- Benchmark tests using SysBench Read-only Point-Selects, at 1024 connections, resulted in MySQL 5.7 delivering 512,000 QPS, 2x better than MySQL 5.6, and 3x better than MySQL 5.5.
- Optimizer enhancements provide more accurate cost calculations.
- Performance Schema improvements, including added instrumentation.
- Security enhancements, including Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption and new options for password management.
- Part of MySQL Utilities, MySQL Fabric delivers high availability with automatic failure detection and failover as well as scale out through data sharding.
- MySQL Workbench 6.1 delivers additional capabilities for performance assessment and query optimization including:
- New performance dashboard and reports.
- Enhanced Explain plans to help optimize query performance.
- New MySQL "SYS" Schema, providing simplified views on MySQL performance schema, instrumentation schema and more.
- MySQL Workbench helps to easily migrate from Microsoft SQL Server and can reduce Database TCO by up to 90 percent.
- Key features are also available through http://labs.mysql.com, for early testing and feedback from the MySQL community.
- New MySQL 5.7 features include:
- GIS improvements including spatial index support in InnoDB, as well as improved accuracy and performance.
- Better performance and throughput using SSDs.
- Continued development of multi-source replication.
- MySQL Cluster 7.4 includes significant performance enhancements including speed of node restarts.
- New MySQL 5.7 features include:
- "Oracle continues to invest in MySQL innovation by providing increased performance, scalability, reliability and manageability," said Tomas Ulin, vice president, MySQL Engineering, Oracle. "The latest MySQL 5.7 development milestone release delivers enhanced performance and management features to the MySQL community. By encouraging ongoing community participation and following the "release early, release often" model, we help shorten the feedback-to-delivery cycle and allow users to get faster access to improved product capabilities and quality."
- The MySQL 5.7 development milestone release can be downloaded here. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- MySQL 5.7 Documentation
- MySQL Labs
- MySQL Utilities Documentation
- MySQL Fabric Documentation
- MySQL Cluster
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Oct. 22, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,251
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 22, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 352
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 22, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,177
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 22, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 11,202
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 22, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,341
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 447
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Oct. 22, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,472
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 803
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,664
The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn® open source IoT framework, today announced that the two organizations’ boards have approved a merger under the OCF name and bylaws. This merger will advance interoperability between connected devices from both groups, enabling the full operating potential of IoT and representing a significant step towards a connected ecosystem.
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,152
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 22, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,610
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 898
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 814
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,168
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,495
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 973
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 941
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,945
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,255
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,423