|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 07:50 AM EDT||
RESTON, Va., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) will demonstrate GeoRover®, Airborne ISR and Geospatial Intelligence Solutions among other capabilities at the GEOINT 2013* Symposium, to be held on April 14-17, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla.
"GEOINT is an ideal opportunity to showcase the innovative geospatial intelligence technology solutions at Leidos, which are shaping the future of defense and national intelligence," said Lou Von Thaer, President of the Leidos National Security Sector.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to help address challenges facing national security, health and engineering. With approximately 22,000 employees, Leidos has a powerful platform for delivering the most advanced capabilities and expertise to government and commercial customers.
"We have a deep understanding of the evolving challenges in geospatial intelligence. Our breadth of advanced capabilities and affordable solutions support vital missions for our customers, helping to defend our nation and protect critical infrastructure," added Von Thaer.
Hosted by the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF), the GEOINT 2013* Symposium brings defense, intelligence and homeland security communities together. During the symposium, Rob Zitz, Leidos senior vice president and chief systems architect, will address the topic "Small Satellite and Associated TPED" during Lightning Talks and Lunch on April 14, at 11:00 a.m. Zitz will also serve as moderator during the sessions "GEOINT Foreword: SmallSat Remote Sensing Innovations" on April 14, at 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. He is also among a panel of experts for the GEOINT Certification Roundtable discussion during the event.
Leidos demonstrations at GEOINT 2013* include:
- Advanced Geospatial Framework, a multi-intelligence framework that delivers Big Data to analysts through a standard web browser using existing communications infrastructure. This seamlessly integrates multiple sensor types into a consistent thin-client environment where users can search for all available data types over any geographical region over any time period.
- Geospatial Content Management Solutions, a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution incorporating advanced capabilities for archival, discovery, retrieval, and dissemination of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) and imagery, this content management capability combines geospatial data management with a browser-based search interface. It is flexible and scalable, and contains enhanced functionality to support GEOINT and imagery products as analyst needs evolve.
Geospatial Intelligence Solutions
- GEOINT data and solutions - cutting-edge solutions in integration, conflation, harmonization, and automation provide access to the most current and accurate GEOINT foundation data. Advances in commercial imagery, open source, and commodity data enable Leidos to provide companies and organizations across a wide-spectrum of industries with the high quality data and products that were once only available to the defense and intelligence communities. Leidos offers products in as little as 20 percent of the time and at one-third the cost of comparable industry-standard production. Our GEOINT data production solutions have captured the globe, providing actionable intelligence that is accessible, scalable, and cost effective.
- Global Monitoring and Planning Service (GLMPS) predictive algorithms maximize situational awareness and readiness by providing lead time to prioritize likely mission and operational requirements, coordinate with stakeholders, and conduct stabilizing operations in a dynamic world. Leveraging machine learning, data mining and a historical database of Geospatial and Cultural Indicators initial tests of GLMPS demonstrate greater than 75 percent accuracy in identifying locations of likely instability. Data mining discovers unseen relationships between potential indicators and databases of instability metrics and events. Algorithms are developed and validated using historical data and applied to predict location and timing of a range of likely future instability events. Trend analysis, tipping and queuing are enabled through analysis of at least 30 environmental, political, social, and economic datasets, and custom metrics characterizing temporal rates of change.
- AIMES, a next-generation full-motion video (FMV) imagery exploitation tool delivered to customers that enable motion imagery, geospatial data, snapshots, and mass of associated data in near real-time, helping to reduce analyst workload and speed the provision of intelligence to decision-makers. The FMV has been a solution of choice for several customers including Air Force Distributed Common Ground/Surface Systems (AF-DCGS) and Distributed Common Ground Army (DCGS-A).
- GeoRover® and GRGlobe. GeoRover® products provide powerful tools for Esri® ArcGIS® for desktop designed to increase speed, efficiency, and productivity in common geographic information system (GIS) workflows including one application available for Android™ mobile devices (tablets or phones). The GRGlobe™ application brings enhanced GIS capabilities to the Google Earth™ globe providing the ability to create, edit, and visualize GIS data natively while supporting multiple formats such as KML, shapefile, and geodatabase.
- ISR CrossCue (IXQ), an automated collaboration tool that allows warfighters and analysts to rapidly discover and connect with critically needed expertise across the intelligence community. Warfighters and analysts use dynamically-created, secure collaboration rooms to discuss their objective or problem set, with the capability to post files and links in addition to text. IXQ provides analysts and tactical customers with an unparalleled ability to rapidly discover and leverage subject matter expertise.
- HR3DGI (High Resolution Three Dimensional Geospatial Information), the collection, processing, and dissemination of extremely high resolution terrain foundation data that is critical to the execution of humanitarian, disaster relief, tactical, and special operations missions. It consists of multiple collection systems that have supported numerous operations over the last 10 years on multiple manned and unmanned airborne platforms.
- IBISS (Integrated Building Interior Surveillance System) provides building interior situational awareness (layout, location and movement of occupants) prior to mission engagement. It collects through wall radar data using a combination of drive-by and airborne assets and processes it to reconstruct the 3-D interior structure of buildings and track dismounts moving inside them. The output 3-D Building Situation Model (BSM) can be used for pre-mission rehearsal and planning as well in-mission support.
- CMIS (The CUTS MASINT Integrated Display) collects, integrates and displays multiple See Through The Wall (STTW) sensors to create complete presentation of all of the information for the interior and exterior of the structure of interest.
- Secure Mobile Framework for Android - Using the secure Android™ framework, employers can protect sensitive corporate information and process it safely on their employees' Android mobile phones and tablets. By implementing this secure framework, users can transmit data securely, toggle between encrypted and non-encrypted mobile environments, download applications, and work productively from any location to include the office, home or field communicating through various transmission mediums, such as cellular, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and the Internet.
- Deep Dynamic Attribution Management (DDAM) – Provides an overview of Leidos's DDAM system, which allows a user to manage online attribution by rapidly or adaptively changing apparent identity, location, and/or characteristics.
To learn more about Leidos and for more information, visit exhibitor booth #1101 or www.leidos.com. The USGIF postponed its GEOINT 2013* Symposium originally scheduled for October 2013 as a result of the federal government shutdown.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world's toughest challenges in national security, health, and engineering. The Company's 22,000 employees support vital missions for our government and the commercial sector, develop innovative solutions to drive better outcomes, and defend our Nation's digital and physical infrastructure from 'new world' threats. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos had annual revenues of approximately $5.77 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2014, following the spin-off of the company's technical services and information technology business. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Statements in this announcement, other than historical data and information, constitute forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause our actual results, performance, achievements, or industry results to be very different from the results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors set forth in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the period ended January 31, 2014, and other such filings that Leidos makes with the SEC from time to time. Due to such uncertainties and risks, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof.
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jun. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 510
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profession...
Jun. 30, 2016 09:33 AM EDT Reads: 104
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jun. 30, 2016 09:02 AM EDT Reads: 142
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jun. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 419
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2016' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited t...
Jun. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 346
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 562
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jun. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 546
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 436
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 29, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,063
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 480
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 422
UAS, drones or unmanned aircraft, no matter what you call them — this was their week. Our news stream was flooded with updates on the newly announced rules and regulations for commercial UAS from the FAA. So, naturally we have dedicated this week’s top news round up to highlight some of our favorite UAS stories.
Jun. 29, 2016 03:02 PM EDT Reads: 327
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 443
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 689
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 581
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 615
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 527
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 29, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 581
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 532
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,314