|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 07:50 AM EDT||
RESTON, Va., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) will demonstrate GeoRover®, Airborne ISR and Geospatial Intelligence Solutions among other capabilities at the GEOINT 2013* Symposium, to be held on April 14-17, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla.
"GEOINT is an ideal opportunity to showcase the innovative geospatial intelligence technology solutions at Leidos, which are shaping the future of defense and national intelligence," said Lou Von Thaer, President of the Leidos National Security Sector.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to help address challenges facing national security, health and engineering. With approximately 22,000 employees, Leidos has a powerful platform for delivering the most advanced capabilities and expertise to government and commercial customers.
"We have a deep understanding of the evolving challenges in geospatial intelligence. Our breadth of advanced capabilities and affordable solutions support vital missions for our customers, helping to defend our nation and protect critical infrastructure," added Von Thaer.
Hosted by the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF), the GEOINT 2013* Symposium brings defense, intelligence and homeland security communities together. During the symposium, Rob Zitz, Leidos senior vice president and chief systems architect, will address the topic "Small Satellite and Associated TPED" during Lightning Talks and Lunch on April 14, at 11:00 a.m. Zitz will also serve as moderator during the sessions "GEOINT Foreword: SmallSat Remote Sensing Innovations" on April 14, at 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. He is also among a panel of experts for the GEOINT Certification Roundtable discussion during the event.
Leidos demonstrations at GEOINT 2013* include:
- Advanced Geospatial Framework, a multi-intelligence framework that delivers Big Data to analysts through a standard web browser using existing communications infrastructure. This seamlessly integrates multiple sensor types into a consistent thin-client environment where users can search for all available data types over any geographical region over any time period.
- Geospatial Content Management Solutions, a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution incorporating advanced capabilities for archival, discovery, retrieval, and dissemination of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) and imagery, this content management capability combines geospatial data management with a browser-based search interface. It is flexible and scalable, and contains enhanced functionality to support GEOINT and imagery products as analyst needs evolve.
Geospatial Intelligence Solutions
- GEOINT data and solutions - cutting-edge solutions in integration, conflation, harmonization, and automation provide access to the most current and accurate GEOINT foundation data. Advances in commercial imagery, open source, and commodity data enable Leidos to provide companies and organizations across a wide-spectrum of industries with the high quality data and products that were once only available to the defense and intelligence communities. Leidos offers products in as little as 20 percent of the time and at one-third the cost of comparable industry-standard production. Our GEOINT data production solutions have captured the globe, providing actionable intelligence that is accessible, scalable, and cost effective.
- Global Monitoring and Planning Service (GLMPS) predictive algorithms maximize situational awareness and readiness by providing lead time to prioritize likely mission and operational requirements, coordinate with stakeholders, and conduct stabilizing operations in a dynamic world. Leveraging machine learning, data mining and a historical database of Geospatial and Cultural Indicators initial tests of GLMPS demonstrate greater than 75 percent accuracy in identifying locations of likely instability. Data mining discovers unseen relationships between potential indicators and databases of instability metrics and events. Algorithms are developed and validated using historical data and applied to predict location and timing of a range of likely future instability events. Trend analysis, tipping and queuing are enabled through analysis of at least 30 environmental, political, social, and economic datasets, and custom metrics characterizing temporal rates of change.
- AIMES, a next-generation full-motion video (FMV) imagery exploitation tool delivered to customers that enable motion imagery, geospatial data, snapshots, and mass of associated data in near real-time, helping to reduce analyst workload and speed the provision of intelligence to decision-makers. The FMV has been a solution of choice for several customers including Air Force Distributed Common Ground/Surface Systems (AF-DCGS) and Distributed Common Ground Army (DCGS-A).
- GeoRover® and GRGlobe. GeoRover® products provide powerful tools for Esri® ArcGIS® for desktop designed to increase speed, efficiency, and productivity in common geographic information system (GIS) workflows including one application available for Android™ mobile devices (tablets or phones). The GRGlobe™ application brings enhanced GIS capabilities to the Google Earth™ globe providing the ability to create, edit, and visualize GIS data natively while supporting multiple formats such as KML, shapefile, and geodatabase.
- ISR CrossCue (IXQ), an automated collaboration tool that allows warfighters and analysts to rapidly discover and connect with critically needed expertise across the intelligence community. Warfighters and analysts use dynamically-created, secure collaboration rooms to discuss their objective or problem set, with the capability to post files and links in addition to text. IXQ provides analysts and tactical customers with an unparalleled ability to rapidly discover and leverage subject matter expertise.
- HR3DGI (High Resolution Three Dimensional Geospatial Information), the collection, processing, and dissemination of extremely high resolution terrain foundation data that is critical to the execution of humanitarian, disaster relief, tactical, and special operations missions. It consists of multiple collection systems that have supported numerous operations over the last 10 years on multiple manned and unmanned airborne platforms.
- IBISS (Integrated Building Interior Surveillance System) provides building interior situational awareness (layout, location and movement of occupants) prior to mission engagement. It collects through wall radar data using a combination of drive-by and airborne assets and processes it to reconstruct the 3-D interior structure of buildings and track dismounts moving inside them. The output 3-D Building Situation Model (BSM) can be used for pre-mission rehearsal and planning as well in-mission support.
- CMIS (The CUTS MASINT Integrated Display) collects, integrates and displays multiple See Through The Wall (STTW) sensors to create complete presentation of all of the information for the interior and exterior of the structure of interest.
- Secure Mobile Framework for Android - Using the secure Android™ framework, employers can protect sensitive corporate information and process it safely on their employees' Android mobile phones and tablets. By implementing this secure framework, users can transmit data securely, toggle between encrypted and non-encrypted mobile environments, download applications, and work productively from any location to include the office, home or field communicating through various transmission mediums, such as cellular, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and the Internet.
- Deep Dynamic Attribution Management (DDAM) – Provides an overview of Leidos's DDAM system, which allows a user to manage online attribution by rapidly or adaptively changing apparent identity, location, and/or characteristics.
To learn more about Leidos and for more information, visit exhibitor booth #1101 or www.leidos.com. The USGIF postponed its GEOINT 2013* Symposium originally scheduled for October 2013 as a result of the federal government shutdown.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world's toughest challenges in national security, health, and engineering. The Company's 22,000 employees support vital missions for our government and the commercial sector, develop innovative solutions to drive better outcomes, and defend our Nation's digital and physical infrastructure from 'new world' threats. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos had annual revenues of approximately $5.77 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2014, following the spin-off of the company's technical services and information technology business. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Statements in this announcement, other than historical data and information, constitute forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause our actual results, performance, achievements, or industry results to be very different from the results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors set forth in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the period ended January 31, 2014, and other such filings that Leidos makes with the SEC from time to time. Due to such uncertainties and risks, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof.
The only place to be June 9-11 is Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo 2015 East at the Javits Center in New York City. Join us there as delegates from all over the world come to listen to and engage with speakers & sponsors from the leading Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data companies. Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo are the leading events covering the booming market of Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data for the enterprise. Speakers from all over the world will be hand-picked for their ability to explore the economic strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Whether public, private, or in a hybrid form, clo...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,196
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, will discuss how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust I...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,983
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,221
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? Join this panel of experts as they peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you’ll have no problem filling in your buzzword bingo cards.
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,225
SYS-CON Events announced today that CodeFutures, a leading supplier of database performance tools, has been named a “Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. CodeFutures is an independent software vendor focused on providing tools that deliver database performance tools that increase productivity during database development and increase database performance and scalability during production.
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,263
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark and Intel Edison. You will also get an overview of cloud technologies s...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,044
SYS-CON Events announced today that Creative Business Solutions will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Creative Business Solutions is the top stocking authorized HP Renew Distributor in the U.S. Based out of Long Island, NY, Creative Business Solutions offers a one-stop shop for a diverse range of products including Proliant, Blade and Industry Standard Servers, Networking, Server Options and Care Packs. As a trusted supplier, CBS guarantees quality controlled stock levels thanks to an Auto...
Apr. 28, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,366
SOA Software has changed its name to Akana. With roots in Web Services and SOA Governance, Akana has established itself as a leader in API Management and is expanding into cloud integration as an alternative to the traditional heavyweight enterprise service bus (ESB). The company recently announced that it achieved more than 90% year-over-year growth. As Akana, the company now addresses the evolution and diversification of SOA, unifying security, management, and DevOps across SOA, APIs, microservices, and more.
Apr. 28, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,438
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT.
Apr. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,299
SYS-CON Events announced today that Optimal Design, an Internet of Things solution provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Optimal Design is an award winning product development firm offering industrial design and engineering services to the consumer, medical, and defense markets.
Apr. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,697
Chuck Piluso will present a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Speaker Bio: Prior to Data Storage Corporation (DSC), Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Telecommunications Corporation, a facilities-based international carrier licensed by t...
Apr. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
There are lots of challenges in IoT around secure, scalable and business friendly infrastructure for enterprises. For large corporations, IoT implementations are one of the top priorities of the decade. All industries are seeing a competitive need to sustain by investing in IoT initiatives. The value addition comes from improved customer service, innovative product and additional revenue streams. The data from these IP-connected devices can be leveraged for a variety of business applications as well as responsive action controls. The various architectural building blocks of an IoT ...
Apr. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
GENBAND introduced its Real Time Communications (RTC) Client for Lync* to seamlessly combine real-time communications with Lync Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence. “We’re shaking up the economics of delivering Unified Communications (UC) and offering a compelling way to integrate previously bespoke communications technologies,” said Carl Baptiste, GENBAND’s Senior Vice President, Enterprise Solutions. “We’re offering enterprises the best of both worlds by combining our own high availability voice, video and collaboration with Lync’s IM and Presence; creating a single, web centric, client. O...
Apr. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,738
The list of ‘new paradigm’ technologies that now surrounds us appears to be at an all time high. From cloud computing and Big Data analytics to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT), today we have to deal with what the industry likes to call ‘paradigm shifts’ at every level of IT. This is disruption; of course, we understand that – change is almost always disruptive.
Apr. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,532
After making a doctor’s appointment via your mobile device, you receive a calendar invite. The day of your appointment, you get a reminder with the doctor’s location and contact information. As you enter the doctor’s exam room, the medical team is equipped with the latest tablet containing your medical history – he or she makes real time updates to your medical file. At the end of your visit, you receive an electronic prescription to your preferred pharmacy and can schedule your next appointment.
Apr. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,449
The WebRTC Summit 2015 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
Apr. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,469
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the M2M space. This really allows some room for influential individuals to create more high value inter...
Apr. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,133
SYS-CON Events announced today that Liaison Technologies, a leading provider of data management and integration cloud services and solutions, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Liaison Technologies is a recognized market leader in providing cloud-enabled data integration and data management solutions to break down complex information barriers, enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions, faster.
Apr. 28, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,903
Participants will reach the final if their IoT solution is liked. A community vote will determine the best solutions submitted in each country, after which an expert jury will select the national winners and the best international IoT solution. Each country's best solution can win a national marketing campaign worth up to €30,000 and become a partner in Deutsche Telekom's participating markets. The winning international solution can become partner of Deutsche Telekom Group across all eight countries and reach out to a potential of 10,8 million business customers. Deutsche Telekom Group has a...
Apr. 28, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,253
Recent technology advances in miniaturization has positioned the wearables as the pinnacle of technology convergence with the human body. We inquire if wearables are mere standard miniaturized devices extended with the connectivity and present our views on considerations like design, applications, performance, efficiency, interoperability, usage scenarios, human device interaction and consequent trade-offs enabling wearables to impart optimal value.
Apr. 28, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,174