|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 07:50 AM EDT||
RESTON, Va., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) will demonstrate GeoRover®, Airborne ISR and Geospatial Intelligence Solutions among other capabilities at the GEOINT 2013* Symposium, to be held on April 14-17, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla.
"GEOINT is an ideal opportunity to showcase the innovative geospatial intelligence technology solutions at Leidos, which are shaping the future of defense and national intelligence," said Lou Von Thaer, President of the Leidos National Security Sector.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to help address challenges facing national security, health and engineering. With approximately 22,000 employees, Leidos has a powerful platform for delivering the most advanced capabilities and expertise to government and commercial customers.
"We have a deep understanding of the evolving challenges in geospatial intelligence. Our breadth of advanced capabilities and affordable solutions support vital missions for our customers, helping to defend our nation and protect critical infrastructure," added Von Thaer.
Hosted by the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF), the GEOINT 2013* Symposium brings defense, intelligence and homeland security communities together. During the symposium, Rob Zitz, Leidos senior vice president and chief systems architect, will address the topic "Small Satellite and Associated TPED" during Lightning Talks and Lunch on April 14, at 11:00 a.m. Zitz will also serve as moderator during the sessions "GEOINT Foreword: SmallSat Remote Sensing Innovations" on April 14, at 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. He is also among a panel of experts for the GEOINT Certification Roundtable discussion during the event.
Leidos demonstrations at GEOINT 2013* include:
- Advanced Geospatial Framework, a multi-intelligence framework that delivers Big Data to analysts through a standard web browser using existing communications infrastructure. This seamlessly integrates multiple sensor types into a consistent thin-client environment where users can search for all available data types over any geographical region over any time period.
- Geospatial Content Management Solutions, a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution incorporating advanced capabilities for archival, discovery, retrieval, and dissemination of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) and imagery, this content management capability combines geospatial data management with a browser-based search interface. It is flexible and scalable, and contains enhanced functionality to support GEOINT and imagery products as analyst needs evolve.
Geospatial Intelligence Solutions
- GEOINT data and solutions - cutting-edge solutions in integration, conflation, harmonization, and automation provide access to the most current and accurate GEOINT foundation data. Advances in commercial imagery, open source, and commodity data enable Leidos to provide companies and organizations across a wide-spectrum of industries with the high quality data and products that were once only available to the defense and intelligence communities. Leidos offers products in as little as 20 percent of the time and at one-third the cost of comparable industry-standard production. Our GEOINT data production solutions have captured the globe, providing actionable intelligence that is accessible, scalable, and cost effective.
- Global Monitoring and Planning Service (GLMPS) predictive algorithms maximize situational awareness and readiness by providing lead time to prioritize likely mission and operational requirements, coordinate with stakeholders, and conduct stabilizing operations in a dynamic world. Leveraging machine learning, data mining and a historical database of Geospatial and Cultural Indicators initial tests of GLMPS demonstrate greater than 75 percent accuracy in identifying locations of likely instability. Data mining discovers unseen relationships between potential indicators and databases of instability metrics and events. Algorithms are developed and validated using historical data and applied to predict location and timing of a range of likely future instability events. Trend analysis, tipping and queuing are enabled through analysis of at least 30 environmental, political, social, and economic datasets, and custom metrics characterizing temporal rates of change.
- AIMES, a next-generation full-motion video (FMV) imagery exploitation tool delivered to customers that enable motion imagery, geospatial data, snapshots, and mass of associated data in near real-time, helping to reduce analyst workload and speed the provision of intelligence to decision-makers. The FMV has been a solution of choice for several customers including Air Force Distributed Common Ground/Surface Systems (AF-DCGS) and Distributed Common Ground Army (DCGS-A).
- GeoRover® and GRGlobe. GeoRover® products provide powerful tools for Esri® ArcGIS® for desktop designed to increase speed, efficiency, and productivity in common geographic information system (GIS) workflows including one application available for Android™ mobile devices (tablets or phones). The GRGlobe™ application brings enhanced GIS capabilities to the Google Earth™ globe providing the ability to create, edit, and visualize GIS data natively while supporting multiple formats such as KML, shapefile, and geodatabase.
- ISR CrossCue (IXQ), an automated collaboration tool that allows warfighters and analysts to rapidly discover and connect with critically needed expertise across the intelligence community. Warfighters and analysts use dynamically-created, secure collaboration rooms to discuss their objective or problem set, with the capability to post files and links in addition to text. IXQ provides analysts and tactical customers with an unparalleled ability to rapidly discover and leverage subject matter expertise.
- HR3DGI (High Resolution Three Dimensional Geospatial Information), the collection, processing, and dissemination of extremely high resolution terrain foundation data that is critical to the execution of humanitarian, disaster relief, tactical, and special operations missions. It consists of multiple collection systems that have supported numerous operations over the last 10 years on multiple manned and unmanned airborne platforms.
- IBISS (Integrated Building Interior Surveillance System) provides building interior situational awareness (layout, location and movement of occupants) prior to mission engagement. It collects through wall radar data using a combination of drive-by and airborne assets and processes it to reconstruct the 3-D interior structure of buildings and track dismounts moving inside them. The output 3-D Building Situation Model (BSM) can be used for pre-mission rehearsal and planning as well in-mission support.
- CMIS (The CUTS MASINT Integrated Display) collects, integrates and displays multiple See Through The Wall (STTW) sensors to create complete presentation of all of the information for the interior and exterior of the structure of interest.
- Secure Mobile Framework for Android - Using the secure Android™ framework, employers can protect sensitive corporate information and process it safely on their employees' Android mobile phones and tablets. By implementing this secure framework, users can transmit data securely, toggle between encrypted and non-encrypted mobile environments, download applications, and work productively from any location to include the office, home or field communicating through various transmission mediums, such as cellular, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and the Internet.
- Deep Dynamic Attribution Management (DDAM) – Provides an overview of Leidos's DDAM system, which allows a user to manage online attribution by rapidly or adaptively changing apparent identity, location, and/or characteristics.
To learn more about Leidos and for more information, visit exhibitor booth #1101 or www.leidos.com. The USGIF postponed its GEOINT 2013* Symposium originally scheduled for October 2013 as a result of the federal government shutdown.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world's toughest challenges in national security, health, and engineering. The Company's 22,000 employees support vital missions for our government and the commercial sector, develop innovative solutions to drive better outcomes, and defend our Nation's digital and physical infrastructure from 'new world' threats. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos had annual revenues of approximately $5.77 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2014, following the spin-off of the company's technical services and information technology business. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Statements in this announcement, other than historical data and information, constitute forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause our actual results, performance, achievements, or industry results to be very different from the results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors set forth in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the period ended January 31, 2014, and other such filings that Leidos makes with the SEC from time to time. Due to such uncertainties and risks, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,119
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,422
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,605
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,542
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 395
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 34,200
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,015
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 25, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,667
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,699
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,062
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,950
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 25, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 8,489
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,821
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,144
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:42 AM EDT Reads: 254
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,623
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,039
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,131
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,928
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,550