|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 07:50 AM EDT||
RESTON, Va., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) will demonstrate GeoRover®, Airborne ISR and Geospatial Intelligence Solutions among other capabilities at the GEOINT 2013* Symposium, to be held on April 14-17, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla.
"GEOINT is an ideal opportunity to showcase the innovative geospatial intelligence technology solutions at Leidos, which are shaping the future of defense and national intelligence," said Lou Von Thaer, President of the Leidos National Security Sector.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to help address challenges facing national security, health and engineering. With approximately 22,000 employees, Leidos has a powerful platform for delivering the most advanced capabilities and expertise to government and commercial customers.
"We have a deep understanding of the evolving challenges in geospatial intelligence. Our breadth of advanced capabilities and affordable solutions support vital missions for our customers, helping to defend our nation and protect critical infrastructure," added Von Thaer.
Hosted by the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF), the GEOINT 2013* Symposium brings defense, intelligence and homeland security communities together. During the symposium, Rob Zitz, Leidos senior vice president and chief systems architect, will address the topic "Small Satellite and Associated TPED" during Lightning Talks and Lunch on April 14, at 11:00 a.m. Zitz will also serve as moderator during the sessions "GEOINT Foreword: SmallSat Remote Sensing Innovations" on April 14, at 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. He is also among a panel of experts for the GEOINT Certification Roundtable discussion during the event.
Leidos demonstrations at GEOINT 2013* include:
- Advanced Geospatial Framework, a multi-intelligence framework that delivers Big Data to analysts through a standard web browser using existing communications infrastructure. This seamlessly integrates multiple sensor types into a consistent thin-client environment where users can search for all available data types over any geographical region over any time period.
- Geospatial Content Management Solutions, a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution incorporating advanced capabilities for archival, discovery, retrieval, and dissemination of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) and imagery, this content management capability combines geospatial data management with a browser-based search interface. It is flexible and scalable, and contains enhanced functionality to support GEOINT and imagery products as analyst needs evolve.
Geospatial Intelligence Solutions
- GEOINT data and solutions - cutting-edge solutions in integration, conflation, harmonization, and automation provide access to the most current and accurate GEOINT foundation data. Advances in commercial imagery, open source, and commodity data enable Leidos to provide companies and organizations across a wide-spectrum of industries with the high quality data and products that were once only available to the defense and intelligence communities. Leidos offers products in as little as 20 percent of the time and at one-third the cost of comparable industry-standard production. Our GEOINT data production solutions have captured the globe, providing actionable intelligence that is accessible, scalable, and cost effective.
- Global Monitoring and Planning Service (GLMPS) predictive algorithms maximize situational awareness and readiness by providing lead time to prioritize likely mission and operational requirements, coordinate with stakeholders, and conduct stabilizing operations in a dynamic world. Leveraging machine learning, data mining and a historical database of Geospatial and Cultural Indicators initial tests of GLMPS demonstrate greater than 75 percent accuracy in identifying locations of likely instability. Data mining discovers unseen relationships between potential indicators and databases of instability metrics and events. Algorithms are developed and validated using historical data and applied to predict location and timing of a range of likely future instability events. Trend analysis, tipping and queuing are enabled through analysis of at least 30 environmental, political, social, and economic datasets, and custom metrics characterizing temporal rates of change.
- AIMES, a next-generation full-motion video (FMV) imagery exploitation tool delivered to customers that enable motion imagery, geospatial data, snapshots, and mass of associated data in near real-time, helping to reduce analyst workload and speed the provision of intelligence to decision-makers. The FMV has been a solution of choice for several customers including Air Force Distributed Common Ground/Surface Systems (AF-DCGS) and Distributed Common Ground Army (DCGS-A).
- GeoRover® and GRGlobe. GeoRover® products provide powerful tools for Esri® ArcGIS® for desktop designed to increase speed, efficiency, and productivity in common geographic information system (GIS) workflows including one application available for Android™ mobile devices (tablets or phones). The GRGlobe™ application brings enhanced GIS capabilities to the Google Earth™ globe providing the ability to create, edit, and visualize GIS data natively while supporting multiple formats such as KML, shapefile, and geodatabase.
- ISR CrossCue (IXQ), an automated collaboration tool that allows warfighters and analysts to rapidly discover and connect with critically needed expertise across the intelligence community. Warfighters and analysts use dynamically-created, secure collaboration rooms to discuss their objective or problem set, with the capability to post files and links in addition to text. IXQ provides analysts and tactical customers with an unparalleled ability to rapidly discover and leverage subject matter expertise.
- HR3DGI (High Resolution Three Dimensional Geospatial Information), the collection, processing, and dissemination of extremely high resolution terrain foundation data that is critical to the execution of humanitarian, disaster relief, tactical, and special operations missions. It consists of multiple collection systems that have supported numerous operations over the last 10 years on multiple manned and unmanned airborne platforms.
- IBISS (Integrated Building Interior Surveillance System) provides building interior situational awareness (layout, location and movement of occupants) prior to mission engagement. It collects through wall radar data using a combination of drive-by and airborne assets and processes it to reconstruct the 3-D interior structure of buildings and track dismounts moving inside them. The output 3-D Building Situation Model (BSM) can be used for pre-mission rehearsal and planning as well in-mission support.
- CMIS (The CUTS MASINT Integrated Display) collects, integrates and displays multiple See Through The Wall (STTW) sensors to create complete presentation of all of the information for the interior and exterior of the structure of interest.
- Secure Mobile Framework for Android - Using the secure Android™ framework, employers can protect sensitive corporate information and process it safely on their employees' Android mobile phones and tablets. By implementing this secure framework, users can transmit data securely, toggle between encrypted and non-encrypted mobile environments, download applications, and work productively from any location to include the office, home or field communicating through various transmission mediums, such as cellular, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and the Internet.
- Deep Dynamic Attribution Management (DDAM) – Provides an overview of Leidos's DDAM system, which allows a user to manage online attribution by rapidly or adaptively changing apparent identity, location, and/or characteristics.
To learn more about Leidos and for more information, visit exhibitor booth #1101 or www.leidos.com. The USGIF postponed its GEOINT 2013* Symposium originally scheduled for October 2013 as a result of the federal government shutdown.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world's toughest challenges in national security, health, and engineering. The Company's 22,000 employees support vital missions for our government and the commercial sector, develop innovative solutions to drive better outcomes, and defend our Nation's digital and physical infrastructure from 'new world' threats. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos had annual revenues of approximately $5.77 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2014, following the spin-off of the company's technical services and information technology business. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Statements in this announcement, other than historical data and information, constitute forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause our actual results, performance, achievements, or industry results to be very different from the results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors set forth in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the period ended January 31, 2014, and other such filings that Leidos makes with the SEC from time to time. Due to such uncertainties and risks, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof.
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,103
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,023
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,095
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:20 PM EDT Reads: 101
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,647
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,272
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,401
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:49 AM EDT Reads: 201
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,076
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,080
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,848
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:21 AM EDT Reads: 143
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 374
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 268
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,949
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Sep. 28, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,252
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,215
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,099
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,173
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,851