|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 07:50 AM EDT||
RESTON, Va., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) will demonstrate GeoRover®, Airborne ISR and Geospatial Intelligence Solutions among other capabilities at the GEOINT 2013* Symposium, to be held on April 14-17, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla.
"GEOINT is an ideal opportunity to showcase the innovative geospatial intelligence technology solutions at Leidos, which are shaping the future of defense and national intelligence," said Lou Von Thaer, President of the Leidos National Security Sector.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to help address challenges facing national security, health and engineering. With approximately 22,000 employees, Leidos has a powerful platform for delivering the most advanced capabilities and expertise to government and commercial customers.
"We have a deep understanding of the evolving challenges in geospatial intelligence. Our breadth of advanced capabilities and affordable solutions support vital missions for our customers, helping to defend our nation and protect critical infrastructure," added Von Thaer.
Hosted by the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF), the GEOINT 2013* Symposium brings defense, intelligence and homeland security communities together. During the symposium, Rob Zitz, Leidos senior vice president and chief systems architect, will address the topic "Small Satellite and Associated TPED" during Lightning Talks and Lunch on April 14, at 11:00 a.m. Zitz will also serve as moderator during the sessions "GEOINT Foreword: SmallSat Remote Sensing Innovations" on April 14, at 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. He is also among a panel of experts for the GEOINT Certification Roundtable discussion during the event.
Leidos demonstrations at GEOINT 2013* include:
- Advanced Geospatial Framework, a multi-intelligence framework that delivers Big Data to analysts through a standard web browser using existing communications infrastructure. This seamlessly integrates multiple sensor types into a consistent thin-client environment where users can search for all available data types over any geographical region over any time period.
- Geospatial Content Management Solutions, a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution incorporating advanced capabilities for archival, discovery, retrieval, and dissemination of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) and imagery, this content management capability combines geospatial data management with a browser-based search interface. It is flexible and scalable, and contains enhanced functionality to support GEOINT and imagery products as analyst needs evolve.
Geospatial Intelligence Solutions
- GEOINT data and solutions - cutting-edge solutions in integration, conflation, harmonization, and automation provide access to the most current and accurate GEOINT foundation data. Advances in commercial imagery, open source, and commodity data enable Leidos to provide companies and organizations across a wide-spectrum of industries with the high quality data and products that were once only available to the defense and intelligence communities. Leidos offers products in as little as 20 percent of the time and at one-third the cost of comparable industry-standard production. Our GEOINT data production solutions have captured the globe, providing actionable intelligence that is accessible, scalable, and cost effective.
- Global Monitoring and Planning Service (GLMPS) predictive algorithms maximize situational awareness and readiness by providing lead time to prioritize likely mission and operational requirements, coordinate with stakeholders, and conduct stabilizing operations in a dynamic world. Leveraging machine learning, data mining and a historical database of Geospatial and Cultural Indicators initial tests of GLMPS demonstrate greater than 75 percent accuracy in identifying locations of likely instability. Data mining discovers unseen relationships between potential indicators and databases of instability metrics and events. Algorithms are developed and validated using historical data and applied to predict location and timing of a range of likely future instability events. Trend analysis, tipping and queuing are enabled through analysis of at least 30 environmental, political, social, and economic datasets, and custom metrics characterizing temporal rates of change.
- AIMES, a next-generation full-motion video (FMV) imagery exploitation tool delivered to customers that enable motion imagery, geospatial data, snapshots, and mass of associated data in near real-time, helping to reduce analyst workload and speed the provision of intelligence to decision-makers. The FMV has been a solution of choice for several customers including Air Force Distributed Common Ground/Surface Systems (AF-DCGS) and Distributed Common Ground Army (DCGS-A).
- GeoRover® and GRGlobe. GeoRover® products provide powerful tools for Esri® ArcGIS® for desktop designed to increase speed, efficiency, and productivity in common geographic information system (GIS) workflows including one application available for Android™ mobile devices (tablets or phones). The GRGlobe™ application brings enhanced GIS capabilities to the Google Earth™ globe providing the ability to create, edit, and visualize GIS data natively while supporting multiple formats such as KML, shapefile, and geodatabase.
- ISR CrossCue (IXQ), an automated collaboration tool that allows warfighters and analysts to rapidly discover and connect with critically needed expertise across the intelligence community. Warfighters and analysts use dynamically-created, secure collaboration rooms to discuss their objective or problem set, with the capability to post files and links in addition to text. IXQ provides analysts and tactical customers with an unparalleled ability to rapidly discover and leverage subject matter expertise.
- HR3DGI (High Resolution Three Dimensional Geospatial Information), the collection, processing, and dissemination of extremely high resolution terrain foundation data that is critical to the execution of humanitarian, disaster relief, tactical, and special operations missions. It consists of multiple collection systems that have supported numerous operations over the last 10 years on multiple manned and unmanned airborne platforms.
- IBISS (Integrated Building Interior Surveillance System) provides building interior situational awareness (layout, location and movement of occupants) prior to mission engagement. It collects through wall radar data using a combination of drive-by and airborne assets and processes it to reconstruct the 3-D interior structure of buildings and track dismounts moving inside them. The output 3-D Building Situation Model (BSM) can be used for pre-mission rehearsal and planning as well in-mission support.
- CMIS (The CUTS MASINT Integrated Display) collects, integrates and displays multiple See Through The Wall (STTW) sensors to create complete presentation of all of the information for the interior and exterior of the structure of interest.
- Secure Mobile Framework for Android - Using the secure Android™ framework, employers can protect sensitive corporate information and process it safely on their employees' Android mobile phones and tablets. By implementing this secure framework, users can transmit data securely, toggle between encrypted and non-encrypted mobile environments, download applications, and work productively from any location to include the office, home or field communicating through various transmission mediums, such as cellular, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and the Internet.
- Deep Dynamic Attribution Management (DDAM) – Provides an overview of Leidos's DDAM system, which allows a user to manage online attribution by rapidly or adaptively changing apparent identity, location, and/or characteristics.
To learn more about Leidos and for more information, visit exhibitor booth #1101 or www.leidos.com. The USGIF postponed its GEOINT 2013* Symposium originally scheduled for October 2013 as a result of the federal government shutdown.
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world's toughest challenges in national security, health, and engineering. The Company's 22,000 employees support vital missions for our government and the commercial sector, develop innovative solutions to drive better outcomes, and defend our Nation's digital and physical infrastructure from 'new world' threats. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos had annual revenues of approximately $5.77 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2014, following the spin-off of the company's technical services and information technology business. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Statements in this announcement, other than historical data and information, constitute forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause our actual results, performance, achievements, or industry results to be very different from the results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors set forth in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the period ended January 31, 2014, and other such filings that Leidos makes with the SEC from time to time. Due to such uncertainties and risks, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,351
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,451
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 21, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,429
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,033
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,445
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,186
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:15 AM EST Reads: 2,160
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,442
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,291
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,407
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 965
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,459
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,511
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,473
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,429
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,583
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,435
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,791
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,943
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,001