|By Bob Gourley||
|April 11, 2014 03:52 PM EDT||
By Bob Gourley
This is a follow on to our post on planning your time at the Geoint Symposium.
With this post I want to make some technology recommendations that may be helpful to you as you plan out your time at the Geoint Symposium 14-17 Apr.
There are so many great firms on the expo floor you cannot possibly spend time with all of them. You really need to approach the floor with a strategy. Plan your visit in advance. Do that by going to the Geoint Symposium Expo website at: http://geoint2013.com/expo
You will find a list of exhibitors there, and also a map you can use to refine which ones you want to catch up with.
Let me share my personal list. I recommend you visit every one of these firms so you can get the latest on some very virtuous technologies:
1) Carahsoft. Visiting Carahsoft is like visiting 150 companies at once. They make it a point to learn technologies and to provide demos and information on the greats. So, if you only had one booth to visit on the expo floor, this would be it. You will find Mike Shrader there and he really does know every technology in their entire portfolio. Quiz him! While there, be sure to ask about: Optensity (say hello to CEO Pam Arya) and Pentaho (great for connecting all info sources in the modern enterprise into an open integration framework). I’m hoping they also have a Recorded Future demo available.
2) MongoDB (cross platform document oriented database). I’m sure you know these guys, but we should all learn what the latest is with their version 2.6, which seems to be the enterprise-grade version many have been waiting for. Ask these guys how well they work with other solutions (including Pentaho).
3) Cloudera (100% Apache-licensed open source CDH is the only distribution that offers batch processing, interactive SQL, interactive search, and role-based access controls. Cloudera also offers enterprise grade management tools). The thing to learn from these guys is what the enterprise data hub is doing for enterprises right now. Also take time to learn about how auditing and data providence works.
4) Sitscape Very powerful web based software for visual, on-demand situational awareness, agile business-user-centric big data analytics/correlation, contextual collaboration and real-time information sharing. You must see it to believe it (I’m very proud to be on their advisory board, check them out to see why: Here is a recent blog about SitScape). It may also be a good idea to check out SitScape via the Technical Innovation booth on the expo floor, according to this press release they have an awesome secure collaboration and data visualization setup at Geoint and I believe SitScape is part of this.
5) Spacecurve From a team that has built large-scale distributed database for real-time geospatial system (including J. Andrew Rogers, CTO) comes a real-time platform with incredible scale. Visit them and ask them if it can really be possible to deliver immediately actionable data at petabyte levels, at real time speeds. I’m also a proud advisor to these thought leaders. Tell them I said hello when you see them.
6) KEYW Corporation Although there are many good reasons to see this very virtuous firm, the most important, in my mind, is the new capability they created to alter the equation in the computer security world. Through investment in time, intellectual capital and acquisition of a precisely selected set of very virtuous companies KEYW has built a company called Hexis Cyber. What they are doing has blown me away. If you are involved in enterprise IT in any capacity you absolutely must see their HawkEye G and related tools suite. Ask them how well they work with existing cyber security solutions including SIEMs. Also ask if it is possible to remove malware at speed (that will be an easy question for them to knock out of the park).
7) CSC These guys are big and into many things. The reason to swing by their booth is to look for a guy named Matt Carroll. Matt’s company, 42six, has a history of producing incredibly virtuous solutions that operate at scale, fast. As him what he is doing and I’m sure you will be amazed.
8) Northrop Grumman I used to work for these champions and I know their spirit and can’t wait to see what they are demonstrating here. I just spent time with a large group of them yesterday briefing them on how to make the most of their CTOvision Pro subscription. So of course I have to spend time with them at Geoint.
9) The other great integrator champions: The Geoint Symposium is a great way to find out the latest that the integrators are providing. It is also good for tech firms to interact with the integrators for teaming discussions. Some of my favorites include: Leidos, Boeing, L-3, General Dynamics, Lockheed, and Thermopylae (more than just an integrator, a great provider of mission-focused solutions).
10) Skybox Imaging: I am pretty sure they are coming because they want to talk about their Geospatial capabilities. But frankly I’m more interested in their approach to Big Data, which leverages Cloudera. I plan on asking them more about that.
11) Dwave: I have seem these guys multiple times, including at In-Q-Tel. It blows me away to think about what they do. They made quantum computing real. Between you and me, I believe Dwave really needs integrator partners to turn what they do into real solutions, but the good news is that at Geoint they will probably find some.
12) Google. They do so much in the geospatial domain it is always good to see what they are up to. I plan on wearing my Google Glass to the event so I’ll swing by their booth with it on and see if they give me a warm welcome!
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,084
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,392
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 26, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,926
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 26, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 26, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,906
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 26, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,851
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,815
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 26, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,150
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,022
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
May. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,832
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,658
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,702
SYS-CON Events announced today Object Management Group® has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,282
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
May. 26, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,647
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex software systems for startups and enterprises. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 200 develope...
May. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,416
SYS-CON Events announced today that EastBanc Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EastBanc Technologies has been working at the frontier of technology since 1999. Today, the firm provides full-lifecycle software development delivering flexible technology solutions that seamlessly integrate with existing systems – whether on premise or cloud. EastBanc Technologies partners with p...
May. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,995
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,464
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,086
SYS-CON Events announced today BZ Media LLC has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and Commercial Drone markets.
May. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,457
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 593