|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 09:06 AM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the full agenda for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Keynote speakers, enterprise customers, third-party solution providers, and WSO2 technical experts will present case studies and discuss best practices for enabling the connected business.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 17-18, 2014 at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con Europe 2014 also will feature pre-conference tutorials on June 16, 2014. For more information on the conference and tutorials, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Speakers Examine Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the strategy, technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Speakers will present their vision of how enterprises can create new connections across employees, customers and partners. Additionally, they will share case studies, concepts and technologies for translating this vision into real-world deployments. Key developments they will explore include API management, cloud computing, mobile IoT, big data and analytics—along with IT strategies and best practices in service-oriented architecture (SOA), integration, security and governance.
A list of featured speakers and topics follows. To view the full agenda and abstracts, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
- Opening Keynote: Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, Founder, Chairman and CEO, WSO2
- Intelligent Orchestration: More Than Just a Web Services Engine, Luca Martini, Distinguished Engineer, Cisco
- Integrate All the Things: Why Web and Open Source Culture and Technology are Eating the World, James Governor, Principal Analyst and Co-Founder, RedMonk
- The Innovative Nature Of Open Source Cloud, Alan Clark, Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, SUSE, and Chairman of the Board, OpenStack®
- Closing Keynote: Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Powering the Lean Developer with Continuous Development, Tyler Jewel, CEO, Codenvy
- WSO2 Cloud Strategy, Dmitry Sotnikov, Vice President of Cloud, WSO2
- Apache Stratos Roadmap and Strategy, Lakmal Warusawithana, Director of Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- Buyers Guide to All Things Cloud, Dmitry Sotnikov, Vice President of Cloud, WSO2
- An Introduction to WSO2 Private PaaS, Lakmal Warusawithana, Director of Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- A Complete Platform for Applications in a Connected Enterprise, Dimuthu Leelarathne, Senior Software Architect, WSO2
- WSO2 Cloud in Action: App Cloud + API Cloud, Amila Maha Arachchi, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- How We Built WSO2 Cloud, Amila Maha Arachchi, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Getting More 9s from Your Cloud Operations, Chamith Kumarage, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec, PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director Of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Building an eHealth Ecosystem with WSO2 API Manager, Ruben van der Zwan, CEO, Yenlo, and Thijs Volders, Senior Java/SOA Consultant and Architect, Yenlo
- API Management Strategy and Roadmap, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Creating APIs with the WSO2 Platform, Sagara Gunathunge, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- API Security Landscape, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security Architecture, WSO2
- Extending and Customizing WSO2 API Manager, Nuwan Dias, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- API Analytics – Data to Insight, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Integrated Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry, API Manager and App Factory, Senaka Fernando, Software Architect, WSO2
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- WSO2 ESB Roadmap and Strategy, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- API First Integration: The Future of Integration, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- Data Services: Getting Your Data into APIs, Anjana Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Scalable, Distributed Messaging with WSO2 Message Broker, Shammi Jayasinghe, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- BPEL, BPMN, Rules and All Things Workflow: Strategy and Roadmap, Chathura Ekanayake, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Intelligent Integration with WSO2 ESB and WSO2 CEP, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Solution Architecture Patterns for Integration, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- WSO2 Strategy and Roadmap for Mobility, Sinnathamby Shanmugarajah, Director of Mobile Architecture, WSO2
- Introducing WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- Case Study: EMM for WSO2, Sinnathamby Shanmugarajah, Director of Mobile Architecture, WSO2
Internet of Things
- Case Study: How WSO2 Supports Deutsche Telekom Implementing an eCare Platform Including an Intelligent Emergency Call System, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Reference Architecture for IoT, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Securing the Internet of Things, Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Case Study: Internet of Things – WSO2Con Style!, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Application Development with WSO2: Strategy and Roadmap, Samisa Abeysinghe, Vice President of Delivery, WSO2
- Introduction to WSO2 Developer Studio, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Cloud Development with WSO2, Shiroshica Kulatilake, Software Architect, WSO2
- Socializing Corporate Assets with Enterprise Store, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- WSO2 Application Server: Tomcat on Steroids, Sagara Gunathunge, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Building Multitenant SaaS Apps with WSO2 Private PaaS, Sameera Jayasoma, Software Architect, WSO2
- Securing and Managing Applications with WSO2 App Manager, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Big Data Analytics Strategy and Roadmap, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Gather Those Events: Instrumenting Everything for Analysis, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Analyzing a Soccer Game with WSO2 CEP, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Scalable Log Analysis with WSO2 BAM, Anjana Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Creating Amazing User Experiences with WSO2 UES, Ruchira Wageesha, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
- The WSO2 Security Architecture: Strategy and Roadmap, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security Architecture, WSO2
- Enterprise Single Sign-On: SAML, OpenID Connect and More, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Borderless Federated Identity, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security, WSO2
- Standard Based Identity Provisioning, Johann Nallathamby, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Risks, Challenges and Best Practices in Enterprise Access Control, Johann Nallathamby, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Transforming the Business: Building a Next Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Roadmap to Connected Business, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head Of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Building Ecosystems for Your Connected Business, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Towards a Winning API Strategy, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Reference Architectures for Connected Business, Mifan Careem, Director of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Partnering with WSO2 to Win, Lindsey Anderson, Vice President of Enterprise and Channel Sales, WSO2
- Presenting the WSO2 Story, Jonathan Marsh, Vice President of Strategy, WSO2
- Market Penetrating Solutions: API Management and Application Consolidation, Dakshitha Ratnayake, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Selling to CIOs: Understanding and Discovering Pain Points, John Mathon, Vice President of Enterprise Evangelism, WSO2
- Your Team: Leveraging Partner Program Resources, Nirosh Perera, Director of Partnerships, WSO2
- Partner Panel: Hosted by Lindsey Anderson, Vice President of Enterprise and Channel Sales, WSO2
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context with p...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 477
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 507
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 389
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment process from development to production scenarios using Docker containers.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 152
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 450
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 455
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Dec. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 553
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Dec. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 359
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now all corporate assets – people, objects, and spaces – can share information about themselves and thei...
Dec. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 314
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Dec. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 481
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessions, I wanted to share some of my observations on emerging trends. As cyber security serves as a fou...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 377
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Yet a closer inspection at the data reveals less than half of these cloud projects involve production...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 521
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry – resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his general session at 17th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, an IBM Company, broke down what we have to work with, discussed the benefits and pitfalls and how we can best use them to design hosted applications.
Dec. 1, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 142
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true change and transformation possible.
Dec. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 584
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" in this scenario: microservice A (releases daily) depends on a couple of additions to backend B (re...
Dec. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 488
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 401
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 258
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application delivery by allowing increasingly popular Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) platforms to quickly crea...
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 402
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound effect on the world, and what should we expect to see over the next couple of years.
Dec. 1, 2015 06:30 AM EST Reads: 517
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Dec. 1, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 630