|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 09:06 AM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the full agenda for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Keynote speakers, enterprise customers, third-party solution providers, and WSO2 technical experts will present case studies and discuss best practices for enabling the connected business.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 17-18, 2014 at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con Europe 2014 also will feature pre-conference tutorials on June 16, 2014. For more information on the conference and tutorials, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Speakers Examine Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the strategy, technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Speakers will present their vision of how enterprises can create new connections across employees, customers and partners. Additionally, they will share case studies, concepts and technologies for translating this vision into real-world deployments. Key developments they will explore include API management, cloud computing, mobile IoT, big data and analytics—along with IT strategies and best practices in service-oriented architecture (SOA), integration, security and governance.
A list of featured speakers and topics follows. To view the full agenda and abstracts, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
- Opening Keynote: Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, Founder, Chairman and CEO, WSO2
- Intelligent Orchestration: More Than Just a Web Services Engine, Luca Martini, Distinguished Engineer, Cisco
- Integrate All the Things: Why Web and Open Source Culture and Technology are Eating the World, James Governor, Principal Analyst and Co-Founder, RedMonk
- The Innovative Nature Of Open Source Cloud, Alan Clark, Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, SUSE, and Chairman of the Board, OpenStack®
- Closing Keynote: Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Powering the Lean Developer with Continuous Development, Tyler Jewel, CEO, Codenvy
- WSO2 Cloud Strategy, Dmitry Sotnikov, Vice President of Cloud, WSO2
- Apache Stratos Roadmap and Strategy, Lakmal Warusawithana, Director of Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- Buyers Guide to All Things Cloud, Dmitry Sotnikov, Vice President of Cloud, WSO2
- An Introduction to WSO2 Private PaaS, Lakmal Warusawithana, Director of Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- A Complete Platform for Applications in a Connected Enterprise, Dimuthu Leelarathne, Senior Software Architect, WSO2
- WSO2 Cloud in Action: App Cloud + API Cloud, Amila Maha Arachchi, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- How We Built WSO2 Cloud, Amila Maha Arachchi, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Getting More 9s from Your Cloud Operations, Chamith Kumarage, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec, PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director Of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Building an eHealth Ecosystem with WSO2 API Manager, Ruben van der Zwan, CEO, Yenlo, and Thijs Volders, Senior Java/SOA Consultant and Architect, Yenlo
- API Management Strategy and Roadmap, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Creating APIs with the WSO2 Platform, Sagara Gunathunge, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- API Security Landscape, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security Architecture, WSO2
- Extending and Customizing WSO2 API Manager, Nuwan Dias, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- API Analytics – Data to Insight, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Integrated Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry, API Manager and App Factory, Senaka Fernando, Software Architect, WSO2
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- WSO2 ESB Roadmap and Strategy, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- API First Integration: The Future of Integration, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- Data Services: Getting Your Data into APIs, Anjana Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Scalable, Distributed Messaging with WSO2 Message Broker, Shammi Jayasinghe, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- BPEL, BPMN, Rules and All Things Workflow: Strategy and Roadmap, Chathura Ekanayake, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Intelligent Integration with WSO2 ESB and WSO2 CEP, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Solution Architecture Patterns for Integration, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- WSO2 Strategy and Roadmap for Mobility, Sinnathamby Shanmugarajah, Director of Mobile Architecture, WSO2
- Introducing WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- Case Study: EMM for WSO2, Sinnathamby Shanmugarajah, Director of Mobile Architecture, WSO2
Internet of Things
- Case Study: How WSO2 Supports Deutsche Telekom Implementing an eCare Platform Including an Intelligent Emergency Call System, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Reference Architecture for IoT, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Securing the Internet of Things, Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Case Study: Internet of Things – WSO2Con Style!, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Application Development with WSO2: Strategy and Roadmap, Samisa Abeysinghe, Vice President of Delivery, WSO2
- Introduction to WSO2 Developer Studio, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Cloud Development with WSO2, Shiroshica Kulatilake, Software Architect, WSO2
- Socializing Corporate Assets with Enterprise Store, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- WSO2 Application Server: Tomcat on Steroids, Sagara Gunathunge, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Building Multitenant SaaS Apps with WSO2 Private PaaS, Sameera Jayasoma, Software Architect, WSO2
- Securing and Managing Applications with WSO2 App Manager, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Big Data Analytics Strategy and Roadmap, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Gather Those Events: Instrumenting Everything for Analysis, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Analyzing a Soccer Game with WSO2 CEP, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Scalable Log Analysis with WSO2 BAM, Anjana Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Creating Amazing User Experiences with WSO2 UES, Ruchira Wageesha, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
- The WSO2 Security Architecture: Strategy and Roadmap, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security Architecture, WSO2
- Enterprise Single Sign-On: SAML, OpenID Connect and More, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Borderless Federated Identity, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security, WSO2
- Standard Based Identity Provisioning, Johann Nallathamby, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Risks, Challenges and Best Practices in Enterprise Access Control, Johann Nallathamby, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Transforming the Business: Building a Next Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Roadmap to Connected Business, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head Of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Building Ecosystems for Your Connected Business, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Towards a Winning API Strategy, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Reference Architectures for Connected Business, Mifan Careem, Director of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Partnering with WSO2 to Win, Lindsey Anderson, Vice President of Enterprise and Channel Sales, WSO2
- Presenting the WSO2 Story, Jonathan Marsh, Vice President of Strategy, WSO2
- Market Penetrating Solutions: API Management and Application Consolidation, Dakshitha Ratnayake, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Selling to CIOs: Understanding and Discovering Pain Points, John Mathon, Vice President of Enterprise Evangelism, WSO2
- Your Team: Leveraging Partner Program Resources, Nirosh Perera, Director of Partnerships, WSO2
- Partner Panel: Hosted by Lindsey Anderson, Vice President of Enterprise and Channel Sales, WSO2
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,426
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,516
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
May. 24, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,573
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 24, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,809
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 24, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,266
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers is very hard. You have to learn five new and different technologies and best practices (libswarm, sy...
May. 24, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,177
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 24, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,986
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
May. 24, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,019
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
May. 24, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,304
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
May. 24, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,268
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 24, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,004
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
May. 24, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,827
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 24, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,820
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 24, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,346
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
May. 24, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,592
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, including what it is today, what it might ultimately be, the role of wearable tech, and technology gaps stil...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,494
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,977
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing demand and the rapidly changing workspace model.
May. 24, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,264
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
May. 24, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,069
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
May. 24, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,577