|By Marketwired .||
|July 2, 2014 08:38 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/02/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle VM Release 3.3, Oracle's latest server virtualization product, delivers enhanced ease of use for x86 and SPARC architectures, improved management features, and expanded support for both Oracle and non-Oracle workloads, including support for OpenStack -- providing customers and partners with additional choices and interoperability. This release continues to enable rapid enterprise application deployment and simplify lifecycle management.
- The latest release of Oracle VM delivers enterprise-scale performance enhancements that provide customers with more flexibility, ease of use, and integrated management.
- Oracle VM's application-driven architecture continues to deliver support for a wide range of enterprise applications including Oracle and non-Oracle application workloads with updated Oracle VM paravirtual (PV) drivers for Microsoft Windows.
- Oracle VM 3.3 adds improvements to unified virtualization management for x86 and SPARC systems running Oracle VM Server, in a single console.
- Oracle VM is available as a free download with zero license cost and world-class enterprise support.
- Oracle VM 3.3 enhancements include
- Support for diverse platforms and application workloads: Extends support of Oracle VM Guest Additions to major guest operating systems, including Oracle Linux, Oracle Solaris, and Microsoft Windows, to provide administrators fine-grained control over the configuration and behavior of components running within the virtual machine, directly from Oracle VM Manager. Users can also install the OpenStack technology preview with Oracle VM 3.3 test environments and the latest version of Oracle Linux. Furthermore, Oracle developed Oracle VM PV drivers for Microsoft Windows to boost network and disk I/O throughput for Microsoft Windows guest OS environments. Windows PV drivers along with Oracle VM Server for x86 have passed the Microsoft Windows Server Virtualization Validation Program (SVVP) requirements, enabling better support for customers running Windows workloads on an Oracle VM environment.
- Enhanced Integration: Oracle VM Server for x86 leverages Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3, allowing customers to utilize the same high-performance, high-scalability technology powering Oracle Linux and Oracle engineered systems.
- Optimizations of the VM for enterprise-scale performance: Huge-pages support allows guests hosted on an x86 server pool to improve performance and reduce I/O that results in page lookups in a virtualized environment. The statistics and event model in Oracle VM Manager now monitors and automatically adjusts generated statistics to deliver significant performance gains.
- Improved ease of use and flexibility for automation of virtualization management:
- New virtual machine console uses HTML5 features to provide faster and more reliable console access.
- Oracle VM Manager comes bundled with MySQL Enterprise Edition, providing automated database backup and integrated tools for database object consistency checking to improve supportability and management.
- Oracle VM Manager provides a fully supported web services API that includes both SOAP and REST interfaces to enable more automation and interoperability.
- Simplified VLAN support definition enables users to specify VLAN interfaces as needed and to define which ports are used for which VLAN tags, bringing more flexibility to network design.
- Tighter security control built into Oracle VM Manager: Reduces the number of required open ports to minimize potential access points and security vulnerabilities. To protect and manage authorized access to Oracle VM Server, a certificate-based authentication model has been implemented for Oracle VM Agent and Oracle VM Manager.
- Improved SPARC virtualization management and availability: Additional storage types such as Fibre Channel, iSCSI, ZFS volume, and local disk, in addition to NFS, can now be directly assigned to virtual machines running in a SPARC server pool managed by Oracle VM Manager, offering customers more choices when choosing storage with Oracle VM Server for SPARC.
- "Oracle VM 3.3 continues to refine ease-of-use capabilities, provides more flexibility in network design, and delivers a new, intuitive VM console," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "This new release will allow customers to more easily deploy, manage, and maintain enterprise-scale applications across both x86 and SPARC environments in a unified way."
- Oracle Virtualization
- Oracle VM Server for x86
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- White paper: Application-Driven Virtualization
- White paper: Getting Started with Oracle VM, Oracle Linux, and OpenStack
- Download Oracle VM software. (Terms, conditions, and restrictions apply.)
- Oracle's Virtualization Blog
- Connect with Oracle Virtualization via Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2630546
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 910
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,224
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 924
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,114
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 739
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,272
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,095
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,328
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,058
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,052
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 574
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 719
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Jun. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,571
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,189
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,272
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Jun. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,342
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,618
industrial company for a multi-year contract initially valued at over $4.0 million. In addition to DataV software, Bsquare will also provide comprehensive systems integration, support and maintenance services. DataV leverages advanced data analytics, predictive reasoning, data-driven diagnostics, and automated orchestration of remediation actions in order to improve asset uptime while reducing service and warranty costs.
Jun. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,364
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Jun. 19, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,260